Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V MkII Update- new software for Spider V

gtrman100

Ok I finally got my MK2 update. It's much better. I was ready to sell this amp but I'm stuck with it because I live in a Apartment on the 3rd floor 

My problem was I was running

<Mac IOS Sierra> and that did not work so I got my niece's older MAC

Big shout out to my brothers wife Andi, my niece Bella and the customer service at Apple for getting me on way to crushing my eardrums again with headphones ofcourse 

KEEP YOUR PICKIN HAND STRONG 

Okay, I heard back from Line 6 Support last week and they resolved my issues - which are described above in acoupla posts on this thread. 

My main mistake was just following the instructions laid out in the July 24 email sent out by Line 6 - which highlights the opportunity for "ALL-NEW PRESETS, CLASSIC MODE & MORE. Apparently, in order to get the promised all-new presets, in addition to the steps laid out on July 24, you also need to "..factory reset your device AFTER backing up any presets you wish to keep." Poking around the Spider V Forum I see the factory reset was also mentioned in an earlier Line 6 announcement but not mentioned in the steps laid out in the email. Still, I'm all squared away. My personal presets survived the update process, I've got the new batch of presets, I can run my electric through the Classic speaker mode. I sent Support a few more questions about Brave New Firmware 2.0 stuff I still don't understand, but my setup is now giggable. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, StationGrey said:

I'm having the same problem. Brand new Mk1, did the update no problems, but as soon as I touch any FX on the amp itself, it freezes. Can do it on the iOS app, but not the amp itself.

I just did a factory reset, which worked successfully though left it at v2.0.0 rather than taking it back to 1.05, but hasn't changed anything, still screwed.

I don't know if you solved the problem, but my son has got himself a V120 second hand (I'v got one for a longer time) it was on 1.0.2 updated it to 2.0 and indeed it froze on the amp itself when adjusting fx.

When I inserted the Relay G10 wrong icon apert, amp instead off charging.(on my V120 it was as it should be).

I started updating 1.03->1.04->1.05->2.0 an  saw other changes in the in between updates.

It now works just fine no freezing anymore.

Hope it helps

Spider fault.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm really stuck here .. tried to update to MK2 on spider v 240 via spider remote..used.. android phone,Mac book and an iPhone.

Only one that has said update available is the iPhone... Now amp says updater ready for update..which isn't available on iOS..only on pc or Mac...but then spider remote isn't available on the Mac

• 3 months later...

I recently picked up the Spider V from the line 6 Ebay store, it's one of the refurbished V120 and I am trying to get the update to download. My amp is hooked to the computer and plugged in, powered on and when I click the link to download nothing happens. I open the link where it says if it doesn't download click here. I click open and nothing, I click save and nothing. I go to downloads under my computer and cant open it from there either.Why isn't this working, what am I missing? Thanks for any help you can offer.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I am looking to purchase the Spider V 240 MKII Combo.  I am wondering if there is a way to disable the stereo cab and run everything mono?  I will mic the cab up on stage as well instead of using the on-board DI.  So would just like it to all run mono.  (Or does it depend on the preset you are using?

Thanks,

-Chris

• 7 months later...

Je viens de faire la mise à jour de Spider V20 vers Spider V MKII, tout fonctionne parfaitement. Super produit. J'ai juste un problème avec la fenêtre de Spider Remote. Elle est en plein écran, je ne peux pas la déplacer, la diminuer, ni même la fermer. Pour la fermer je dois forcer la fermeture en allant dans la barre de tâche et en cliquant sur "fermer la fenêtre".

Merci de votre aide