Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix crashing after update to 2.8

welsh7

Hello everyone.

Ive ran into a rather concerning issue post update to 2.8.

Cause the command center is now no longer shared between the snapshots and has to be made per snapshot. Ive tried the 'copy all command' button to make the job alot easier and quicker. but once i selected 'paste all commands' as soon as i change preset or snapshot it crashes and go straight to a black screen with no sound and no interaction with HX edit or Helix controller.

Anyone else ran into this issue aswell?

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a similar issue with my helix lt. It only happens in one patch and in the duplicate of that one patch.  Everything operates just fine untill I try to change Snapshots. Then everything freezes. I don't get a black screen, but I am unable to do anything else.

This happed three days after updating to 2.8.1. I restored a backup of my patches from before the update but still having the same issue.

Going to try going back to 2.7 and see if that's makes any difference

6 hours ago, keno657 said:

I'm getting a similar issue with my helix lt. It only happens in one patch and in the duplicate of that one patch.  Everything operates just fine untill I try to change Snapshots. Then everything freezes. I don't get a black screen, but I am unable to do anything else.

This happed three days after updating to 2.8.1. I restored a backup of my patches from before the update but still having the same issue.

Going to try going back to 2.7 and see if that's makes any difference

Yes, I did solve all of my problems with going back to 2.71!

Everyone says that I can´t follow the instructions when I update to 2.8!

Then how is it that 2.71 works great!

It´s a wondeful world of guitar electronics!

D

5 hours ago, dannepop said:

Yes, I did solve all of my problems with going back to 2.71!

Everyone says that I can´t follow the instructions when I update to 2.8!

Then how is it that 2.71 works great!

It´s a wondeful world of guitar electronics!

D

Well, that's because 2.71 didn't incorporate a big architectural change in the core Helix code that is the hallmark of what 2.8 is all about.  If you compare the release notes and installation instructions for 2.7 and 2.8 you'll see a VAST difference in the process.  You'll also see a lot of warnings regarding the importance of making sure you have the correct version of HX Edit for 2.8.

But given your question I'll give you one back.  Why is it that the people on this forum with TONS of posts and experience are never the ones encountering problems?  I installed 2.81 on both of my Helix floor units without any problems.  But in spite of my long history with the Helix, I was very diligent in reading through the release notes beforehand and following them very precisely as I've learned to do over the years.  There were clearly some differences in the process I've become used to over the last several upgrades, but I was ready for it and understood what I needed to do and why.  The only issue I ran into was when I took the one unit I'd upgraded which is my studio unit and plugged it into the other computer I use for my live performance setup that was running HX Edit 2.70 and HX Edit couldn't connect to the updated unit.  It just took a couple of minutes to troubleshoot that the Helix device driver for the laptop running HX Edit 2.70 was unable to be launched by the 2.81 Helix when it was plugged in.  No surprise there.  But that's why if you deviate at all from the prescribed process, particularly in the installation of HX Edit which installs all the appropriate computer software and the appropriate device driver you'll need for upgrading, you're going to get glitches.  And if you try to run Lin6 Updater with HXEdit still running, things won't go smoothly because the device driver will be in use.  These are all things mentioned in the release notes, but easily overlooked.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keno657 said:

This sounds like a corrupted patch. Can you export and share the patch? I'd be happy to load it into Native and see how it responds there. 

• Like 1

I know what my problem is. It´s some user presets that dosen´t work with 2.81.

And I´m trying to pinndown the presets I need playing. 

Then I will load them one by one and see were it goes wrong.

Somewere in the top of this forum it says that it could be problems

with downloaded presets and the Line 6 will not deal with that!

So it´s up to me to get it to work!

I will also try to rebuild the presets that is the problem if I need them!

But right now I haven´t got the time for this tedious process and is content with 2.71!

D

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, codamedia said:

This sounds like a corrupted patch. Can you export and share the patch? I'd be happy to load it into Native and see how it responds there. 

Hey there. Sorry I didn't see that you responded to my post. I don't check these forums that much aha. I still haven't solved the problem, i've just moved back to 2.71 and ignored it. If you're still interested in having a look at the patch, i've attached it here. Thanks!

IAGO corrupted?.hlx