Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

After HElix 2.80 Update my L3m's are silent

kimsharp

1 minute ago, kimsharp said:

I went back and checked the Volume knob. It was set to multi, I normally set it to only control the XLR output so when I feed the house I can control the level. Thanks, Xmacvicar.

Interesting. I am glad its working, however, if it was set to multi, this should have also controlled the signal over digital L6 Link, so that kind of doesn't make sense? 

Scratching my head there haha

42 minutes ago, kimsharp said:

I went back and checked the Volume knob. It was set to multi, I normally set it to only control the XLR output so when I feed the house I can control the level. Thanks, Xmacvicar.

Good catch.  I find using Multi quiets my presets as I go 4CM at line level out to all then XLR is the only output the volume pot controls.

42 minutes ago, xmacvicar said:

Interesting. I am glad its working, however, if it was set to multi, this should have also controlled the signal over digital L6 Link, so that kind of doesn't make sense? 

I scratched my head as well when I was setting up my 4CM for stage and XLR out to PA path.  I haven't delved into the reasoning but with 2.80.0 installed I am revisiting everything

58 minutes ago, xmacvicar said:

I get what you're saying but it makes sense if the outputs your monitor was plugged into before the update were not controlled by the Volume knob.  When the volume knob does not control a set of outputs those outputs default to full volume (as if the volume knob were at max). So, depending on how a preset is gain staged it may no longer be loud enough if it is now going by the Volume knob.

• 1 month later...