Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

That Revv Model Tho!

mattbarden

Ya, I am really liking it myself, really well done. The Analog Man pedals and the Dhyana are nice too. And the Ashville Pattrn is pretty fun to play with. But like you I am really looking forward to the other channels of the Revv.

For sure! I haven't even gotten past trying the Revv yet as far as the other new additions go. I was very much looking forward to this model so I've been focusing on dialing in different tones with it ever since I got home from work. There is a lot you can do just within the red channel. I'm stoked to see what the other 3 have to offer. I do really like that Line 6 is giving us more of the amp channels on the Helix as opposed to the previous "you get one and that's it" mentality on previous hardware.

Take this as constructive criticism, but it would be nice to get the entire amp instead of a collection of peace meal channels on various models. Looking forward to the rest of the amp. I love the update, the Analog man overdrive pedals are really cool, I've been exploring those this morning. 

• Upvote 1

I'm liking this model a lot. After playing for about half an hour this is already my favorite high gain amp within Helix. But does anyone know why line 6 left out a couple of those tone shaping switches? As far as I know the high gain channels on this amp come with additional bright and contour switches. Would have been cool to have those available as well.

9 hours ago, Yorke said:

Take this as constructive criticism, but it would be nice to get the entire amp instead of a collection of peace meal channels on various models. Looking forward to the rest of the amp. I love the update, the Analog man overdrive pedals are really cool, I've been exploring those this morning. 

If you mean we should've had all four channels available simultaneously, that would mean the red channel would have to wait until later. If you mean all channels should exist within a single model, that means the model would take up waaaaay more DSP, because every channel would need to be instantly accessible.

I would happily give up all three of the Grammatico models to have the Revv red AND purple channels. The Revv Generator is already a legend, but let's be real, Grammatico is a niche amp. I'm sure it's a great amp, but not really what most people are waiting for.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, tenorkeith said:

I would happily give up all three of the Grammatico models to have the Revv red AND purple channels. The Revv Generator is already a legend, but let's be real, Grammatico is a niche amp. I'm sure it's a great amp, but not really what most people are waiting for.

Don't you mean 'not really what I am waiting for'? Not sure how you can extrapolate to 'most people'. I happen to prefer the Grammatico and am certainly not waiting for another high-gain amp/channel.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tenorkeith said:

As a metal player (among other styles) I have to say I am quite happy getting some niche amps. Such as the cartographer. 

But I am always happy to get more tonal options in the high gain territory. Which I personally think the Helix overall could use more. I expect that will be satiated within the next few updates though. Hopefully the FW updates are actually more streamlined since this last update too!

2 hours ago, Lachdanan0121 said:

...I am always happy to get more tonal options in the high gain territory. Which I personally think the Helix overall could use more. I expect that will be satiated within the next few updates though.

I think you're probably right. Hopefully, now that all the platform unification is done we'll be seeing more of that. The new Revv model is absolutely brilliant!

Yeah I think, mostly hope to be honest, that the next 2 years will yield Helix some cool additions, and I don't just mean more models. 

As far as the current new amps go... I haven't upgraded. I will do that later today.  I think the Revv sounds great from what I have heard online. I am also looking forward to trying out that Grammatico.  I am really looking forward to ReAmping some Bass guitar with the new amp, and pedals. At the moment (I guess as a studio guy it fluctuates) I am really enjoying ReAmping Bass guitar with Helix Native. 

But I love the new functions that get added to Helix over time. Like the QWERTY stuff. 

20 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

If you mean we should've had all four channels available simultaneously, that would mean the red channel would have to wait until later. If you mean all channels should exist within a single model, that means the model would take up waaaaay more DSP, because every channel would need to be instantly accessible.

I meant getting more than 1 channel model at a time, and it was meant to be constructive feedback from a happy Helix user.  I understand 2.80 was a very big update for Helix, but would have liked an additional channel (Clean, Crunch, Etc) to the Red Channel. 

I guess other than the other channels of the Revv, the additional amps I'd really like to see added are the other channels of the original amps that were included in the initial release (since it seems like that's what we're doing going forward), the Diezel VH4, Mesa Mark 2C+, Randall Satan, Marshall JVM and JCM 900. That would pretty much round it out for me. What is everyone else hoping for?

21 hours ago, silverhead said:

Don't you mean 'not really what I am waiting for'? Not sure how you can extrapolate to 'most people'. I happen to prefer the Grammatico and am certainly not waiting for another high-gain amp/channel.

what he said!!!!!!

I dont get people its like you go to a great all you can eat restaurant and complain that a certain dish isnt there.How much more do you so called, I dont mean to criticize, people want?Do you guys use all of these amps when you gig? Or are you a stay at home guy who just wants to play in a music store amp section.Every amp for every type of music is in the helix since I bought it everything else is a very nice addition.I need to spend 3500 4000 for the type of amps and effects I want to use the helix gives it all to me at a quarter of the price.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, mattbarden said:

I guess other than the other channels of the Revv, the additional amps I'd really like to see added are the other channels of the original amps that were included in the initial release (since it seems like that's what we're doing going forward), the Diezel VH4, Mesa Mark 2C+, Randall Satan, Marshall JVM and JCM 900. That would pretty much round it out for me. What is everyone else hoping for?

One of the amps not covered by the Helix that my RP1000 has is a Laney Supergroup or similar old Laney.  I'm using the Park model to substitute at the moment, which works fine w/ a treble booster, but I'm surprised Laney isn't in there yet.  I hope they add it.  A Sunn Coliseum PA model for the Leslie West sound, a couple Randalls for that Pantera sound (even tho there's plenty of options now that can fill in for that), 1 or 2 Diezel models, a late 70s Marshall Master Volume, maybe even a VHT or Rivera Knucklehead for that mid-90s gainy boutique sound?  Oh, and an Engl Savage 120 would be sweet for that mid-late 90s German power metal sound. Oh, maybe also a JMP-1/ADA style voiced pre-amp.  A boy can dream, right? 

6 hours ago, cgar18 said:

I dont get people its like you go to a great all you can eat restaurant and complain that a certain dish isnt there.How much more do you so called, I dont mean to criticize, people want?Do you guys use all of these amps when you gig? Or are you a stay at home guy who just wants to play in a music store amp section.Every amp for every type of music is in the helix since I bought it everything else is a very nice addition.I need to spend 3500 4000 for the type of amps and effects I want to use the helix gives it all to me at a quarter of the price.

Have you considered some of us use the Helix in a studio setting? I don't really think it matters what ones use of the Helix is, as a Line 6 Helix customer I give my feedback so they have a clearer picture of what I want. And remember the only comment in the entire topic post that is truly negative is yours and yours alone. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Yorke said:

Have you considered some of us use the Helix in a studio setting? I don't really think it matters what ones use of the Helix is, as a Line 6 Helix customer I give my feedback so they have a clearer picture of what I want. And remember the only comment in the entire topic post that is truly negative is yours and yours alone. 

its not negative its the truth how many amps do you need? Studio setting? so many add ons from software you can use its not feedback its just turned into pure bitchingggg about everything.I dont reply to post much but I just had to because its always the same,when is the new update coming? hey guys why didnt you do this that this that,cts already and make do with what you have which is PLENTY!!!!!

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, cgar18 said:

its not negative its the truth how many amps do you need? Studio setting? so many add ons from software you can use its not feedback its just turned into pure bitchingggg about everything.I dont reply to post much but I just had to because its always the same,when is the new update coming? hey guys why didnt you do this that this that,cts already and make do with what you have which is PLENTY!!!!!

It's clearly a balance. I don't feel bad telling Line 6 I'd love a polyphonic drop pedal, for example, but I am not at all feeling short changed.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, cgar18 said:

Saying we want certain models in the Helix isn't bitching, there is even an ideascale for the similar. How some of us go about doing it could be considered so. However,  your post is coming off as bitching as much as anyone else's above. (more-so actually)

But I guess some of us didn't wait the proper time to post additions we would like according to your calendar, and I am sure it wasn't off-topic enough for others... 

We can just as easily order you "a so-called person" to "CTS already." 

So to enter mine: I wouldn't mind more bass cabs, more high gain amps (Randall, Engl, Diezel, Bogner) and More HX reverbs. I expect some of this will show up over time, which I am fine waiting for. 

1 hour ago, cgar18 said:

It's not a matter of how many amps do I need, it's a matter of do I have the amp that will do what I need, for a particular song (And you could also say for a particular guitar, with a particular pick-up, etc).That's right, I use the Helix in a recording studio, and I don't "fix it in the mix" with plug-ins. By your logic, Line 6 should stop development and consider the Helix complete and move on. Because according to you, we have "plenty", and should just "make do". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, cgar18 said:

If they had taken that approach during the release window ("make do with what you have"), I wouldn't have gotten the Helix this year, as the selection of models/effects at launch was, well, a bit skimpy for the high price point.  I think the idea was that the promise of continual updates would justify the price.  At this point, they've added enough that it has more or less justified the cost for me, but it's not wrong to hope for further new additions which could convince others to jump on board for "that model" that they absolutely need.  I do think people who ask why all the channels for an amp haven't been added should realize that, per the developers, sometimes each channel has so many variables in interaction that for modeling purposes, it's not just a simple "tweak" of an existing channel to add it.  I'm impressed enough with the results compared to prior-generation modeling that I've jumped to a Line 6 product for the first time ever.

Hi, I like the Rev model, but when I take the same Guitar with the  od808 in front of the amp model and my favourite IR. After tweaking to my liking most high gain models pretty much sound very close with a slight difference on the very edge of the spectrum (Marshall -5150). But that the same in the real word. What do you think?

regards Marco 

Now that I have had a chance to use the Revv... It is pretty impressive. Has lots of harmonics, and tons of gain on demand.

I haven't played with it yet, but I have ReAmped with it. I wouldn't say it is the end all/be all of high gain amps, but it most certainly helps in filling out the high gain options in Helix.

So nice job on this Amp, and really most of the new update L6. I am also looking forward to the other channels of this particular amp even more now that I have tried it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 8:24 AM, tenorkeith said:

speak for yourself bub.

IS the Revv awesome sounding?  Yes

Am I looking forward to the other channels?  Yes

Is the Grammatico awesome too?  Yes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:24 AM, tenorkeith said:

To each their own, but the Grammatico is an amazing amp in the HX - I personally love it!  That's one of the awesome things about the HX is that it can be so many things to so many players.  The Revv is definitely super good as well.  But the Grammatico, IMO, is an AMAZING addition to this pedal.  Thanks, L6!!

20 hours ago, JeffMN said:

To each their own, but the Grammatico is an amazing amp in the HX - I personally love it!  That's one of the awesome things about the HX is that it can be so many things to so many players.  The Revv is definitely super good as well.  But the Grammatico, IMO, is an AMAZING addition to this pedal.  Thanks, L6!!

Yeah, I finally tried it on a whim the other night. I really had been pretty focused on the King of Tone model, but WOW . . . that thing is awesome. I may end up loving it more than the King of Tone (and I love the KOT). 

Gotta say it... the Revv amp model with stock settings, a Celestion Redback 4x12 mix IR at LC=80 Hz and HC=9000 Hz, the double tank stereo reverb and tape echo. Pure high gain bliss! I have a new favorite patch.