Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitches on snapshot mode after 2.80 update

jollerton

After updating to 2.80, I changed the global settings for footswitches back to the 8 snapshot mode I previously had. However, now when I navigate between the snapshots using the footswitches, the LEDs don't show me which snapshot I am on (nor does any of the signal chain update on screen). It does switch between the snapshots though, as I can obviously hear the difference - but it does effectively mean I can only view one snapshot, so if I want to make changes to any of the others I have to guess what settings I am using.

Has anybody come across something similar? Any idea how to fix it?

11 minutes ago, jollerton said:

After updating to 2.80, I changed the global settings for footswitches back to the 8 snapshot mode I previously had. However, now when I navigate between the snapshots using the footswitches, the LEDs don't show me which snapshot I am on (nor does any of the signal chain update on screen). It does switch between the snapshots though, as I can obviously hear the difference - but it does effectively mean I can only view one snapshot, so if I want to make changes to any of the others I have to guess what settings I am using.

Has anybody come across something similar? Any idea how to fix it?

Not sure I exactly understand what you are seeing but it sounds to me like you may also want to change the global settings for 'Footswitches' --> 'Preset Mode Switches' = "Preset/Stomp" for example or whatever it was set to before your upgrade.

That's what I had done - previously, I had the 'Footswitches' --> 'Preset Mode Switches' set to '8 Snapshots'. The footswitches then let me change between them, but the view on the screen and the LED is always set to the first snapshot. I've worked through the other Global Settings relating to Footswitches but can't find any combo that sorts it out for me, so I'm assuming it is something that went wrong in my update?

17 minutes ago, jollerton said:

That's what I had done - previously, I had the 'Footswitches' --> 'Preset Mode Switches' set to '8 Snapshots'. The footswitches then let me change between them, but the view on the screen and the LED is always set to the first snapshot. I've worked through the other Global Settings relating to Footswitches but can't find any combo that sorts it out for me, so I'm assuming it is something that went wrong in my update?

Sounds like you have your globals set properly. I set mine up your way just to test and it seems to be working properly. The lit LED ring changes to the snapshot switch I depress and the snapshots seem to be changing appropriately. Probably aware of this already but just wanted to remind you that the blocks, routing, and preset name will stay the same in every snapshot as designed. It is only the bypass state of the blocks(dim or active) and parameter values that will change from one snapshot change to the next(as well as the camera icon and LED ring on the selected switch). In presets where the snapshots have not been set to be different from each other every snapshot will appear the same on the main screen without even blocks dimming as their bypass state is not being changed.  If neither bypass states nor parameters are changing for you on snapshots where you have set them up to do so then you may have a problem with the upgrade.

Probably not the case here but make sure you are testing on a preset where you know you had different snapshots setup properly before. Some people who don't have their global Retain/Discard settings set up properly don't realize that their snapshot changes were not saved once they left the snapshot or preset.

Have the same thing. It's like the display does not update anything. The tone changes but nothing visual. No LED Ring, no screen updates, big NaDa! I don't even see the changes on the parameter values when using the 6 encoders or if I change a block status with the BYPASS button.

In addition all my presets now have the wah engage by default.

And that's all in in the fits 10 minutes. I guess it will take quite a bit of time to iron out this one.

My HXEdit does not see the HELIX on my Win 10 all the updates/restore have to be done on my Win 7 PC.

It's back to 2.71 for me if I can do it. 

• 8 months later...