Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and PC+ pair updated ok- Go's into Edited mode- (Solved)

spikey

Helix and the PC_ pair updated just fine- Kudos to Line 6 for the detailed info.

I set Helix to midi channel 5, the 1st PC+ to midi channel 6 and the second PC+ to Midi channel 7.

I can't seem to set Helix up where either or both PC+'s selects the speaker/s.

Settings or a link, please?

Any help to get thru the fog-? thanks.

EDITed: I finally got both PC+ cabs to switch cabs thru Helix, but it's doing it in a strange way, in that the settings on both PC+ cabs go into an "edited" condition (with the same name as before) but have switched to the selected cab on the patch. You can see that they switched by hitting the "select" button on the PC+ and the cab u selected is there. Is this by design? Picky I guess, but I would have liked the cab name to switch to what I picked per patch,  instead of going into edit mode. A bit confusing at first. Am I seeing this right? What I am asking is, when you switch speaker emulations per patch on the PC+ from Helix, is this supposed to put the PC+ in "Edited Mode"?

18 minutes ago, spikey said:

No one else is experiencing this?

Yes I confirm the same behaviour.

Looks like the communication isn't sending a real PC+ preset change, but it's just editing the preset you are on, when you boot up the speakers.

If you ask me, this makes perfectly sense to me, since the Helix doesn't know where those speaker presets are on your cabs (for example, I moved those in different presets, and I renamed them, so they aren't matching stocks), and IF they are there still. The way they programmed this, isn't asking any arbitrary input from the user (you don't have to tell where your speaker models are, like with IRs). So it does just edit the preset you are on, sending and receiving only from that slot, which is probably the only way to make this working.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for confirming that this is not on my end.

OK and I understand this as you cant write over the Cabinet software in this way, but I wish that they (Line-6) would have explained this a bit better in the upgrade writeup under PC +'s, because had I not looked at the current cab after hitting the "select" switch on both PC+ units, I would never have known if it did indeed switch to the cabs I selected in HX-Edit. Obvious for some I guess, but not to me. The only clue was that it said: "edited". I worked back and forth for around 3 hours yesterday before I figured this out when a small paragraph (about 15 seconds for someone fast) on how this "specifically" worked now could have saved me (and maybe others) some time. Yea, I know they were busy and I appreciate everything- so don't anyone get their panties in a wad. ; )

Thanks again PierM for confirming. 

3 minutes ago, spikey said:

Thanks for confirming that this is not on my end.

OK and I understand this as you cant write over the Cabinet software in this way, but I wish that they (Line-6) would have explained this a bit better in the upgrade writeup under PC +'s, because had I not looked at the current cab after hitting the "select" switch on both PC+ units, I would never have known if it did indeed switch to the cabs I selected in HX-Edit. Obvious for some I guess, but not to me. The only clue was that it said: "edited". I worked back and forth for around 3 hours yesterday before I figured this out when a small paragraph (about 15 seconds for someone fast) on how this "specifically" worked now could have saved me (and maybe others) some time. Yea, I know they were busy and I appreciate everything- so don't anyone get their panties in a wad. ; )

Thanks again PierM for confirming. 

You're welcome!

One other thing I just found (duh), the "edited" speaker emulation (patch) on the PC+ is NOT volatile. I powered the PC+ off last night and back on just now, and the "Edited" message appeared again on the LCD on both of my PC+'s. When I hit select the last Cab picked in the Helix patch was still there on both! I guess it might be silly if it was like RAM, but still nice.

They put some thought into this.