Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX FX, Delay CC Control

ZenPointMedia

Greetings, 

Looking to duplicate a staple of my sound I have been doing with the Digitech Valve FX units since 1995. 

Unlike the POD XT CC expression control of Delay ‘level’ (and the DL4) with my older Digitech units I can turn the delay on or of with Control One footboard switch engaging it at a low delay level and use expression pedal to fluidly wash between the lowest setting and a full lush delay. When I rock the exp pedal back to heel position the trails from the toe position finish their cycle and are not CUT OFF. Both the DL4 and the POD XT do not seem to be able to do this at all - so my concern is the ‘Mix’ or ‘Level’ parameters for the delays on the HX FX will be equally dissapointing. They both cut off the trails and level of the high range of the effect pulling back to heel position abruptly in a non musical way. 

So - basically Im used to having midi CC that works as a ‘send’ - pushing the dry signal into the effect which doesnt cut off trails when pulling back the ‘send’ level. I control delay level & feedback in this way with all the incremental levels I ever need from delay in one CC exp pedal. 

I’m seriously interested in HX FX with my BluGuitar Amp1 4 cable method and hope someone can fully clear this up as I have to drive an hour or more to get my hands on one to test. THANK YOU. 

I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’re wanting, but I think you could do that with a parallel path and controlling the   level parameter in the Split block. Pretty much any parameter in the Helix can be set up to be controlled by whatever CC you want.