Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.8 issue - fading in and lower volume

brettchinery

Hi - updated to 2.8 last night and all seemed to go ok - However, once I loaded in all of my presets and then scrolling through my own presets I noticed some odd behaviour - there seems to be like a fade in of volume when switching patches and then the patch doesn't sound quite as loud as it should - if I hit the button again then it goes back to normal - it seems to do it intermittently and not every time

Anyone else getting this ???

9 hours ago, brettchinery said:

Hi - updated to 2.8 last night and all seemed to go ok - However, once I loaded in all of my presets and then scrolling through my own presets I noticed some odd behaviour - there seems to be like a fade in of volume when switching patches and then the patch doesn't sound quite as loud as it should - if I hit the button again then it goes back to normal - it seems to do it intermittently and not every time

Anyone else getting this ???

Take a look at the global settings for the expression pedal that controls your volume(EXP 2 by default). Your previous global setting may have been reset such that the volumes are changing from preset to preset in a different manner than your previous setting.

1 minute ago, william5849 said:

I think I saw a comment on TGP about slow patch changing. It was cured by forcing the Helix to rebuild presets at power-up. That's holding switches 10 and 11 on the floor/LT.

Good tip thanks but this should be happening automatically once the Helix has been restarted after loading prior version presets. I wonder if the same effect would have been achieved if the user had just restarted the Helix. Gonna jump over to TGP and look for these posts.

I'm having the exact same issue.  It had nothing to do with the expression pedal position.  But I may try the preset rebuild trick that William suggested.  Now that I think of it I don't think my helix did a patch rebuild.   Usually after an update or a restore from back up it builds the presets but then does it again the next time you turn on helix.   I don't think that happened this time. I'm hopeful.

I am having the exact same issue, I updated to 2.8 yesterday, did the patch rebuild, and just noticed this today.  Thought maybe I had the guitar or helix master volume down.  Nope.  Patch volume fades in, and is much lower then previously.  I have gigged with this setlist many times and have spent much effort on patch volume.  Something's amiss.

**EDIT:  Known bug.  

• 3 months later...

I have this same issue. I have called in twice to support and they act like it is all me and they have never heard of the problem. I have tried all of the above, and redone the update. Nothing changes. After 3 years of service I am now done with Line 6. If would simply be HONEST and admit there is an issue and they are working to resolve it I could accept it. Instead, I have had to put it on the shelf cause I can't have this happening every weekend live. I can't even sell it cause it is basically unreliable.

So far, the Kemper Stage has been head and shoulders above with no issues.

23 hours ago, Nick-O said:

I have this same issue. I have called in twice to support and they act like it is all me and they have never heard of the problem. I have tried all of the above, and redone the update. Nothing changes. After 3 years of service I am now done with Line 6. If would simply be HONEST and admit there is an issue and they are working to resolve it I could accept it. Instead, I have had to put it on the shelf cause I can't have this happening every weekend live. I can't even sell it cause it is basically unreliable.

the latest update has fixed the issue for me - all good now 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Nick-O said:

What brettchinery said - I'm on 2.82 and the issue disappeared with that upgrade. It was a transient bug, nothing more. Imo you are costing yourself the use of a good unit for no reason... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯