Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tone Sovereign

cvpe913

2 hours ago, czarkhanpe said:

just updated to 2.80 and it's awesome!

just want to ask how do you set up the Tone soveriegn for two footswitches?

As far as I'm aware, you don't.

If you want to have two independent KoT "sides", you chain two Heir Apparent's.

3 hours ago, czarkhanpe said:

just updated to 2.80 and it's awesome!

just want to ask how do you set up the Tone soveriegn for two footswitches?

26 minutes ago, foxmeister said:

Yeah, just use two of the PoT blocks. There are slight differences to the sides in the act KoT model, I think, but you can still get pretty close with two PoT blocks.

10 hours ago, foxmeister said:

8 hours ago, caledoneus said:

use 2 of the Heir apparent blocks.

10 hours ago, phil_m said:

Yeah, just use two of the PoT blocks. There are slight differences to the sides in the act KoT model, I think, but you can still get pretty close with two PoT blocks.

thanks...I thought that it can be just like the KoT

• 9 months later...

I was curious about that too. And I did it! The TS is in 1 block, but you must use 2 footswitches. In Menus, choose controller assign. Scroll to the Tone Sovereign which changes the list of parameters you can select under the #1 knob. Select 'gain 1' and set min to zero and max to whatever suits you. Then choose an empty footswitch. Save. Repeat for 'gain 2'. Save. Now in Stomp mode you will see 2 gain switches and they are independent AND stackable!

• Thanks 1

That's a well done video.  I really like how they put it together. The comparisons, the multiple views.

It also bummed me out that I cancelled my KoT order after being on the list for 1.5 years when my time came as I felt I didn't need it any longer, not realizing I could have likely sold it for more. D'oh!

On 4/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, rickdobs6644 said:

I was curious about that too. And I did it! The TS is in 1 block, but you must use 2 footswitches. In Menus, choose controller assign. Scroll to the Tone Sovereign which changes the list of parameters you can select under the #1 knob. Select 'gain 1' and set min to zero and max to whatever suits you. Then choose an empty footswitch. Save. Repeat for 'gain 2'. Save. Now in Stomp mode you will see 2 gain switches and they are independent AND stackable!

But the two distortion stages in Tone Sovereign are in series, one feeding into the other, not parallel. So I don't think there's any way to get them to work independently. You can try to set the first one to be transparent so the second is controlling the distortion. But I had limited success at this. 

Why not just use two Prince of Tone blocks - because of HX Stomp 6 block limitations. Tone Sovereign is a great choice for HX Stomp because its two gain stages in series in a single block.

I hope in some future revision Line6 adds another parameter to have stage one, two, or both in series on. This would really make this a very versatile distortion block.

1 hour ago, amsdenj said:

Why not just use two Prince of Tone blocks

Which is what they do lay out in the video, but you said it in seconds instead of 15 minutes.

Their summary was that the the 'Heir Apparent'(Prince of Tone) is a perfect replica of each side of the 'Tone Sovereign'(King of Tone), and not an accurate replica of the cheaper one, to be used precisely this way; as you might have used the two sides of your KoT. 

Let me just add... I understand the reason, but I hate the cutesy names they use and the fact you have to decode the amps, FX, etc.  Whew.  Glad I got that off my chest.

• 1 year later...

The whole point of the Analogman King of tone is that it is 2 pedals in one. Why include this Helix version if the only way to replicate this is by NOT using the model and instead using 2 Different models in 2 FX blocks? Doesn’t make sense.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tboneous said:

The whole point of the Analogman King of tone is that it is 2 pedals in one. Why include this Helix version if the only way to replicate this is by NOT using the model and instead using 2 Different models in 2 FX blocks? Doesn’t make sense.

It does make perfect sense if you consider DSP usage.