Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal bug

ardie78

Hi. Installed 2.8 without problems. But there's a bug with the expression pedal. Whenever I engage the wah then go to another snapshot or preset. Exp 1 stays on. It won't go back to exp 2. I have exp 2 assigned to volume. Exp 1 is set to snapshot and exp 2 to global

• Sad 1

One thing I think I found yesterday but haven't had time to fully investigate is the Exp pedal not maintaining it's position when switching patches even though the Global EXP position setting is on Global. Will investigate further tonight.

Got my Helix floor unit back from the service engineers who had fixed a solder tag that had come adrift from the Joystick. I spent most of the weekend making sure everything was O.K. before making the jump to 2.80, Sunday afternoon (already done it with HX Native previously).

The "brain transplant" for the new Core was faultless and I was back up and running in around 25mins. Let the firmware rebuild the presets, then reinstalled my stuff with another restart and rebuild routine. That should have been it - other than this thing with the Expression Pedal. I don't use the onboard one because, even though it's a floor model it lives on a stand, therefore I use two external pedals as EXP 2 and 3.This is detrimental too a whole bunch of my presets, but I guess I will just have to live with it until it gets a patch from the Line 6 troops. Being a Studio Rat means that for me it's not "mission critical" and I will work round it. For anyone playing live gigs it must be a real PITA.

The Expression Pedals 2 & 3 don't react to the Learn Controller but do show a 0-100% operation (and work) within the preset. The onboard Pedal shows EXP1 100% in the window and I can't get that to change at all.

Apart from that BIG BUG we have a lot more fun stuff to play with.

Sorry I posted something similar also in another thread ... just for common info, I'm having the same kind of problem here

with 2.71, patches would always load with EXP2  activated 

with 2.80, patches load with whatever EXP precedently activated

Is it confirmed that Line6 knows about this bug? 

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone - i just updated to 2.8.2 tonight and noticed this bug is still there. I was hoping it would be fixed by now. Is there any other workaround so far or is this a bug for everyone. This is really a big one for me. Especially for wah effects i want across all my snapshots. Thanks!

1 hour ago, jrichardson16 said:

Hey everyone - i just updated to 2.8.2 tonight and noticed this bug is still there. I was hoping it would be fixed by now. Is there any other workaround so far or is this a bug for everyone. This is really a big one for me. Especially for wah effects i want across all my snapshots. Thanks!

I believe this bug was one of the ones they covered when they released the 2.82 firmware. I've not really read any other reports of it with the 2.82 update, and given the nature of it, I imagine it would be everywhere now - especially since 2.82 has been out for almost six months now. Did you do perform a factory reset after updating?