ardie78

Expression pedal bug

Hi. Installed 2.8 without problems. But there's a bug with the expression pedal. Whenever I engage the wah then go to another snapshot or preset. Exp 1 stays on. It won't go back to exp 2. I have exp 2 assigned to volume. Exp 1 is set to snapshot and exp 2 to global

• Sad 1

I have the same problem - That´s a major bug - I can´t really use 2.8 like that! My pedals sometimes do have to switch inbetween snapshots. Hope this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Only workaround I have right now is to hit the toe switch again before going to a different snap. Never had to do it before.

• Upvote 1

The EXP Toe state is not being stored in the patch. It's effectively global. I hope this bug is fixed soon as it impacts all of my patches.

Same here! Affects nearly all of my patches, rendering 2.8 unusable for me. Had to roll back to 2.71.

Same  here.Did complete uninstall everything from Helix and then reinstall HXEditv2.8. but still the same error with EXP.

One thing I think I found yesterday but haven't had time to fully investigate is the Exp pedal not maintaining it's position when switching patches even though the Global EXP position setting is on Global. Will investigate further tonight.

The 2.80 EXP bug confirmed. I can live with that but I can also understand a pain of those using EXPs more complicated way.

Now, I am definitely waiting for the next maintenance update as I'm still happy with 2.70.  Do not need the headache.

I've got the same problem too. Line 6 told me that they will release  2.80.1 in few weeks, or less.

Never too soon!!!

Got my Helix floor unit back from the service engineers who had fixed a solder tag that had come adrift from the Joystick. I spent most of the weekend making sure everything was O.K. before making the jump to 2.80, Sunday afternoon (already done it with HX Native previously).

The "brain transplant" for the new Core was faultless and I was back up and running in around 25mins. Let the firmware rebuild the presets, then reinstalled my stuff with another restart and rebuild routine. That should have been it - other than this thing with the Expression Pedal. I don't use the onboard one because, even though it's a floor model it lives on a stand, therefore I use two external pedals as EXP 2 and 3.This is detrimental too a whole bunch of my presets, but I guess I will just have to live with it until it gets a patch from the Line 6 troops. Being a Studio Rat means that for me it's not "mission critical" and I will work round it. For anyone playing live gigs it must be a real PITA.

The Expression Pedals 2 & 3 don't react to the Learn Controller but do show a 0-100% operation (and work) within the preset. The onboard Pedal shows EXP1 100% in the window and I can't get that to change at all.

Apart from that BIG BUG we have a lot more fun stuff to play with.

Sorry I posted something similar also in another thread ... just for common info, I'm having the same kind of problem here

with 2.71, patches would always load with EXP2  activated 

with 2.80, patches load with whatever EXP precedently activated

Is it confirmed that Line6 knows about this bug?