Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mac OSX drivers

texasdave

Hey gang,

I'm posting this looking for some clarification on OSX drivers.   Based on my reading (and looking at the software downloads section) 1.0.5 was an optional driver for Floor users, required for Stomp, and supported through OSX Mohave.

The wording for 1.0.7 (released July 18th 2019 is "Helix Mac Driver 1.0.7 is a required update to support Helix Firmware 2.80 or greater. It supports the following sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 96 kHz."  and at the bottom of the notice only indicates support/compatibility through "High Sierra," not Mohave.  

So two points for clarification: 
1.  is the omission of Mohave in 1.0.7 a typo?
2.  Is the driver still optional but recommended for 2.8/Floor or is it now mandatory?   No mention of it in the 2.8 update instructions and it's not installed by the updater.  

I'm probably going to install it and use it going forward, but as a guy trying to actually RTFM to get to the right answer, I found the above points confusing.  I'm mainly looking for an "official" or "educated" response, so please no guessing, I can do that on my own ;)

Texasdave