Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab edit update question

JLondon

WHERE IS IT?  I've gotten everything updated to 2.8 including the PC+ without issue.  But I can't find a software download for the Powercab Edit app anywhere.  The old version of Powercab Edit recognizes my PC+ and it's new cabs alright - but is there an update to the app or not?   While I'm on the subject, why isn't there any reference to the Powercab on any of the drop-down lists of the Line 6 hardware and software update page?  Heck I was barely able to find this dedicated forum. 

I have two PowerCab Plus's and did the update without issue, upgraded my PowerCab Edit software but now can't load IR's into either unit. I downloaded the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but still no luck.

Is anyone else having a problem loading IR's to the PC+ after the update? I tried to load the Allure IR's just to make sure that wasn't the problem and those also fail to load. The IR's are the same ones I have loaded in my Helix. This is the error message I see:

image.png.57a474379aa8cfa4a2c6d601e75420d4.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 11:21 PM, johnrjackson said:

I have two PowerCab Plus's and did the update without issue, upgraded my PowerCab Edit software but now can't load IR's into either unit. I downloaded the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but still no luck.

Is anyone else having a problem loading IR's to the PC+ after the update? I tried to load the Allure IR's just to make sure that wasn't the problem and those also fail to load. The IR's are the same ones I have loaded in my Helix. This is the error message I see:

image.png.57a474379aa8cfa4a2c6d601e75420d4.png

Absolutely have had the same problem.  But I have discovered the reason is that the PC+ only accepts IRs of 48 (hz or whatever you call it) or lower.  I've always downloaded the higher rated ones so the majority of mine won't work.  If, from now on, you only get the 48's you will have no problem and - truth be told - I've never been able to hear an advantageous difference anyway.

@JLondon

Thanks for the reply. I wondered the same thing and tried to import the IRs for the Allure pack that were provided for the Helix thinking that those would surely import but had the same error. I'll take a look later this evening to check whether I can import other IRs.