Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX edit no longer works

mastodonrules

Everytime I try to open hx edit it copies whats on my desktop into a slightly smaller window then closes as son soon as it connects to my helix. I've tried reinstalling,restarting and every compatibility mode. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have a new ryzen 3700X processor.Please help me if you can. Thank you for any help you can give.

19 minutes ago, jmcecil said:

I have this same issue on Windows 10 and have opened a support ticket.  I suggest you do so.  It's possible one of the basic suggestions will help you, but it seems there are potentially bigger fish here.

It appears so. This works on my gaming PC but the one I just built for recording and streaming has this issue and I have tried almost everything. Thanks for the reply.

The install completely screwed up my Lynx Aurora configuration and hijacked my system and set the Helix to the default audio interface.  I had to re-install my Lynx drivers to get it working normal again.  HX Edit still doesn't work. I've passed back some basic info to support that they asked for.  We'll see where it goes.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mastodonrules said:

2.80 both. Windows 10 home latest version. 

Thanks. Some helpful posts from jmcecil here. Maybe 2.8 has an incompatibility with certain drivers or hardware. Short of reinstalling 2.80 and hoping for a different result it does sound like opening a ticket/call with Line6 support might be the best course of action unless some more folks chime in with a fix for your issue.

My "old" notebook has a switchable graphics card (AMD+Intel). I can only start HX Edit it with the AMD card enabled.

The "low energy" Intel card is not supported.

....I don't know if that helps someone