Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Update Question

Slidedude

Hi all,

I have Helix Native. I saved a complete backup bundle, as well as backing up a User Setlist with some of my personal presets.

I've updated HX Edit to 2.80. When I open Line 6 Updater (1.17) and log into my Line 6 account, a message is displayed, saying "Select Device To update - but there is no mention of the instance of Helix Native that is in my DAW (Cakewalk).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Just select "Helix Native" from the center("All Software") dialog box, and your OS from the one on the right on the Downloads page. Download the "Helix Native" 1.80 file. Follow the backup instructions first if you want to retain your current setlists/presets.

17 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Just select "Helix Native" from the center("All Software") dialog box, and your OS from the one on the right on the Downloads page. Download the "Helix Native" 1.80 file. Follow the backup instructions first if you want to retain your current setlists/presets.

Yep - thank you, I'm updated!

Oddly, all of my custom presets remained. I had backed them up just in case, but the update didn't delete them....

• Thanks 1

If you want the NEW Factory presets, you need to do a reboot holding 7 & 8. That'll install the factory presets and wipe out your custom setlists which you can then restore from your back ups.

18 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If you want the NEW Factory presets, you need to do a reboot holding 7 & 8. That'll install the factory presets and wipe out your custom setlists which you can then restore from your back ups.

Not sure but I think Slidedude  was referring to the Native user setlists persisting after the update which is exactly what I found; even after doing the step to update to  the Native 1.8 Factory and Template presets. None of the setlists are cleared automatically during the upgrade to Native. I'm wondering if we are good going forward with our old "upgrade-in-place" presets or if we need to actually restore them in Native 1.8 to force them to update properly?

OOPS! My brain was on another platform! Indeed, the Native restore left my custom setlists untouched.

As an aside - I copied (drag n drop) a preset from HX Edit (hooked up to Helix Floor) to Native. Worked perfectly! I'll have to try it later with the Stomp.

This update is WAY cool!

• Haha 1