Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab/Helix REMOTE ?

JLondon

I have an L6 LINK cable.  I have Helix "Multi" Output setting for Powercab set on "preset"_"speaker" on two identical presets but with different PC+ speakers chosen and a different custom color representing each one.  Yes the presets have been saved accordingly and recalls accurately.  But when I switch between presets, the only thing that changes is the custom color - not the speaker setting.  ??????

Apparently, the text on the display won't change because all that the Helix has done is switch the speaker/ring colour within that Powercab preset.

However, the speaker model will have changed.

Eric has suggested renaming a preset to something like "Helix" to make this more obvious.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this confusing at first but then realized that when I'm playing with the band I don't ever look at what preset is loaded on my Powercab +. It's awkward to lean back and check the preset readout and almost impossible if the cabinet is tilted back. I don't really even look at what colour the ring is. I just listen to what it sounds like ... it's either great and doesn't need tweaking, or it isn't and needs looking at,

Mine says "Edited" along with the old cab name. If you press the "Select" knob you will see what the cab is now changed to. Be careful and don't save the preset while in "edited" mode because it will be saying its one cab while sounding like (and being) another.