Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible bug when playing with backing tracking in Ver2.0???

pinoy1

Hello folks, 

I don't know if this is a bug or intended for ver2.0 in Powercab.  Before the new update, when I use my PowerCab + with backing tracking, the backing tracking sound was NOT affected when I'm in 'Speaker' mode.  Meaning, the backing tracking sound is clear and NOT muffled whether I'm using any of the speaker immolation.  

Now, after the update, the sound of my backing tracking sounds like muffled when I'm on speaker immolation.  Basically, it is using whatever speaker immolation eq I selected.  

My set up: Guitar -> Helix -> PowerCab (via digital cable) and computer via usb -> Powercab.  

Please advise.  

Thanks!

9 hours ago, pinoy1 said:

Hello folks, 

I don't know if this is a bug or intended for ver2.0 in Powercab.  Before the new update, when I use my PowerCab + with backing tracking, the backing tracking sound was NOT affected when I'm in 'Speaker' mode.  Meaning, the backing tracking sound is clear and NOT muffled whether I'm using any of the speaker immolation.  

Now, after the update, the sound of my backing tracking sounds like muffled when I'm on speaker immolation.  Basically, it is using whatever speaker immolation eq I selected.  

My set up: Guitar -> Helix -> PowerCab (via digital cable) and computer via usb -> Powercab.  

Please advise.  

Thanks!

EDIT: sorry didnt see you posted the exact chain. So you are using the USB into the PC for the backing track. I tried the same, and it seems working fine here. Speaker models arent being applied to that.

Everything that does go from Helix into the Powercab, whatever the connection between them (link, xlr, 1/4"), will be treated the same way from the Powercab simulation (not immolation, that's a wrong word).

The only way I could think, would be to NOT use any speaker simulation on the powercab, set it up as FRFR, and then send the backing track from USB—> Helix to Powercab, without anything in the middle, and another path with your amp and cab, and effects, for the guitar.

As soon as the Powercab it's simulating a speaker, everything you'll be sending to it, will receive that simulation.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:28 AM, PierM said:

EDIT: sorry didnt see you posted the exact chain. So you are using the USB into the PC for the backing track. I tried the same, and it seems working fine here. Speaker models arent being applied to that.

Everything that does go from Helix into the Powercab, whatever the connection between them (link, xlr, 1/4"), will be treated the same way from the Powercab simulation (not immolation, that's a wrong word).

The only way I could think, would be to NOT use any speaker simulation on the powercab, set it up as FRFR, and then send the backing track from USB—> Helix to Powercab, without anything in the middle, and another path with your amp and cab, and effects, for the guitar.

As soon as the Powercab it's simulating a speaker, everything you'll be sending to it, will receive that simulation.

Sorry for the late response @PierM.  

First, I would like to apologize for using the wrong word (immolation).  I have no idea where that came from, but thanks for correcting me!  

But I just figured out the issue (or what I thought was an issue) with my backing track.  It's definitely NOT a bug in Powercab or Helix after the new updates.  

What I needed to do was simply choose from my computer's sound configuration to use the Powercab plus as the computer's speaker NOT the Helix.  So the sound of the backing track when I play it from my PC will not be affected by any of the speaker simulation I choose from my Helix or directly from the Powercab.  

Thanks for your response again!  

• Upvote 1