Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.80 Helix LT Update doesn't continue after Boot Failure message

sbernardi

I got the expected "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!"  message halfway through the 2.80 Firmware update on my Helix LT.   I pressed OK on the Updater, and nothing seems to be happening.  It's been stuck at 50% and the Boot Failure message for about 45 minutes now.

I was watching Glenn Deluane's video on the 2.80 update, and his seems to get passed the Boot Failure message and back to "Updating Helix Firmware" pretty quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sbernardi said:

I got the expected "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!"  message halfway through the 2.80 Firmware update on my Helix LT.   I pressed OK on the Updater, and nothing seems to be happening.  It's been stuck at 50% and the Boot Failure message for about 45 minutes now.

I was watching Glenn Deluane's video on the 2.80 update, and his seems to get passed the Boot Failure message and back to "Updating Helix Firmware" pretty quickly.

https://line6.com/support/topic/48446-28-update-stuck-in-boot-failure-entered-update-mode/

https://line6.com/support/topic/48526-helix-lt-28-update-frozen/

https://line6.com/support/topic/48466-helix-lt-failed-while-updating-28/

https://line6.com/support/topic/48425-installed-28-helix-rack-bricked-cant-roll-back-boot-mode-does-fail/

I reinstalled Helix Edit, the Drivers, and Line 6 Updater.

When I reboot the HELIX LT it still says Boot Failure, and running the Line 6 Updater does not show any devices to select.

I tried holding down buttons 6 and 12 and then turning the Helix on.  The screen does say "Entered Update Mode", but Line 6 Updater still does not show any devices to select.

• Like 1

Really getting nervous.  I uninstalled al Line 6 programs, drivers, etc. and re-installed.  Updater still shows no devices to select.

Went to a different computer, installed HX Edit 2.8 and Updater 1.17.  Same thing.

7 minutes ago, sbernardi said:

Really getting nervous.  I uninstalled al Line 6 programs, drivers, etc. and re-installed.  Updater still shows no devices to select.

Went to a different computer, installed HX Edit 2.8 and Updater 1.17.  Same thing.

I'm sorry to hear that it does not work even with a different computer.

...sounds silly maybe, but do you have another computer or a mac (maybe you just have bad luck with your systems)?

Did you install HX Edit 2.8 with all drivers selected?

(It's not necessary to install the updater separately)

...sorry if you've already tried this

So all this is on my laptop because when I first got the Helix I couldn't get it to connect with my desktop.  Anyway, I did try installing on the desktop computer, but that didn't help.

So I decided to try from my work laptop, which is Windows 7 and never had any Line 6 software installed.  It worked! The update finished, and all my patches are still there.

Whew!

You can close this ticket.

4 minutes ago, sbernardi said:

So all this is on my laptop because when I first got the Helix I couldn't get it to connect with my desktop.  Anyway, I did try installing on the desktop computer, but that didn't help.

So I decided to try from my work laptop, which is Windows 7 and never had any Line 6 software installed.  It worked! The update finished, and all my patches are still there.

Whew!

You can close this ticket.

Hi,

Good to know this is fixed for you.

Really, because you started this thread, you need to now mark this thread “SOLVED” to let others know everything is .O.K.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Flotsam71 said:

Doesn't work for me either....Anyone want to buy a dead helix??  I'm going back to analog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If none of the strategies described here and in several other threads work for you please open a support ticket with Line 6.

Same here, helix floor, got halfway through the first attempt, now it fails every time. I've had the run around before on these updates but this one has got me stumped. Makes no difference even if i download the firmware file

Finally got it sorted out and now working fine.  I uninstalled line 6 updater and HX Edit, reinstalled both.  I also connected the Cat 5 Variax lead (not sure if that made any difference).  Once again went through the instructions step by step and now all is good :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, silverhead said:

If none of the strategies described here and in several other threads work for you please open a support ticket with Line 6.

Again, if none of the strategies described in several similar threads don't work for you open a support ticket.

You'll find links to the helpful threads in the first reply to this thread:

https://line6.com/support/topic/48581-280-helix-lt-update-doesnt-continue-after-boot-failure-message

Horrible. My unit shows the same message "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" and has remained showing this forever. Upon re-boot the red status bar does travel all the way to the right showing possible completion.  But it still remains problematic.  To make matters worse the Line 6 Updater does not recognize the device via USB. What to do? 

LIne 6 Tech Support got right back to me and helped me big time. They directed me to go to the Line 6 website and sign in. Select DOWNLOADS in the top menu on the top right;  then  at the top, select the middle dropdown "- All software -" on the top charcoal section; select HX EDIT. Press GO on the right. (PS.. I have Windows 10 PC) You'll see UPDATING to 2.80 (READ ME!)  on the top. Scroll down to the bottom of that specific section. It's a generous scroll to the bottom my good man. Finally, you'll see a blue box  Click on GET DOWNLOAD (82MB). Do not scroll past that first section! Agree and Download. After you download, reboot your box just to keep it all clean and fresh. Do not run any other Line 6 software after the reboot. Initiate the download and it should take you through the process. You'll need to connect your Helix via USB for the update. If it's all going correct at about 50% it'll reboot and then start the process of rebuilding presets. It then worked mighty fine for me. And yes... it's worth it. Some of the new amp models are incredible. 

• Thanks 1

My desktop has Windows 7. I'm not even going to try and update, since this seems to be a problem for so many who have that as their OS on their computer. I'm glad I waited and will continue to wait and see if this issue gets resolved.

• 2 weeks later...