Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.8 routing PowerCab+ & DT25

waymda

I'm trying to set up routing like so:

Guit >> Helix 

Path 1A >> mono front of amp effects  >>> split >>>> 1A Amp 1 >>>>> 2A (panned left)

>>>> 1B Amp 2 >>>> 2A (panned right)

Path 2A  >> Post amp stereo fx >>>> split >>>>> Cab(s) >>post cab fx>> XLR

>>>>> Digital >>> Powercab+

>>> DT25

I can do it, but it seems the powercab and the DT25 each get a mono summed send.  I'd like to be able to assign Amp 1 (L) to the powercab and Amp 2 (R) to the DT25 and was trying to do that with the left right send thinking that (maybe) they'd automagicly be 1 & 2.

I'm guessing that L6link will only assign 1 & 2 for like linked products (ie PC+ 1&2, and DT 1&2).  That might work well if I get another DT25 or PC+ (1 more of each just for the giggles??) but welcome any thoughts on how to achieve the independence I'm looking for with what I have.

In case you're wondering why?:

• I like the PC+ sound with the emulated speaker on stage
  • Likewise the DT25
  • I have both 
  • I'm looking for a stage sound where I can change emulated speaker on the PC+ and move to FRFR for acoustic sounds alongside the amp sounds of the DT25

Any suggestions welcome.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, scottwilliams said:

Hi - Wondering how you would compare the DT25 to the Powercab?  If you could only have one, which is better? more 'amp-like'?

Thanks!

They're both "amp-like"... The DT25 is an actual tube combo on its own, so I guess technically, it's more amp-like. Overall, I think the Powercab provides more flexibility in the variety of sounds you can get from it because I think the speaker you select is going to have more of an effect on what you're hearing than the power amp configuration.