Eyezac17

Helix Control Foot Controller - Midi

Hey Everyone!!

I am wondering if the Helix Control outputs general midi through the USB port like a standard USB midi controller and if so would that mean its possible to use it to control a daw as a stand-alone midi controller without the helix rack? 

Im just looking for a good midi controller that has scribble strips... and the helix control would be perfect for what I need!! if it sends midi.

Also, would it be possible to edit the scribble strips without the helix rack?

Thank,

Cheers!

I'm not sure(I have the floor), but I think Helix Control is only for the Helix Rack.

You need the Rack to program MIDI or something. It is not a stand-alone midi controller, I think.

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'm not sure(I have the floor), but I think Helix Control is only for the Helix Rack.

You need the Rack to program MIDI or something. It is not a stand-alone midi controller, I think.

That's correct. Helix Control is not a standalone device; it works only with Helix Rack.

The dedicated USB port and DC IN,  both flagged as “Reserved for potential future use.”, might suggest an alternative usage in the future.

Wild speculation...:) (my guess it's that they will unlock the unit to work with Native)