Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx stomp more blocks

andyyano

I notice everyone always says to put these ideas on ideascale. But i also notice a lot of good ideas do not get votes. So please help vote up my idea.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/HX-Stomp-no-6-block-limit/960074-23508?submitted=1

So if HX Stomp is 1/2 the full Helix. Literally a single chip version of the dual chip helix. We should theoretically be able to use half the amounts of blocks a full helix could use. To my knowledge helix can make a preset (dsp limited) to roughly 32 block chain. So 16 blocks would be off a single chip. So we shouldnt be limited to 6. Let us put blocks until we run out of dsp. I do not run stereo, so i would like to use more blocks (mono) until i run out of dsp. At least give us 8 blocks.

My current 6 block limiting chain is (all mono)

1) minotaur

2) teemah

3) amp

4) ir

5) digital delay

6) legacy hall reverb

My dream chain would be (all mono) (dsp limiting)

1) Kinky comp

2) minotaur

3) teemah

4) amp

5) ir

6) digital delay

7) legacy hall reverb

8) effects loop block (for volume pedal)

9) looper

So dont know if i would run out of dsp if i loaded that on a single chip but again i would adjust it until i run out of dsp. The looper wouldn't be essential since i have a boss rc-30

Would love at least 5 snapshots also so one for each fs plus my external fs4 and fs5 but that will be put in another idea submission. 

Voted. I don't think yours is the first ideascale to suggest this, so you might want to hunt for similar ideas and vote for those.

At the same time though, while I haven't taken a scientific poll, this seems to clearly be the most requested feature for the Stomp, so I am confident that Line 6 is at least considering it. Whether or not our collective desires will override their reasons they didn't originally go down that route, it's hard to say.

Hello, I used the websites search function and used the keywords hx stomp blocks. And i actually did not find any with support. The highest votes for any asking for more blocks is 145 votes. But that person asked for 12 effects blocks. So the wording isnt exactly what i want. I wont run 12 effects.

i would have expected thousands of votes

I did bear witness to a post from DI that went something to the effect of "the HX  Stomp only has 6 blocks...for now" so it sounds like it's at least being thought of. I remember it being in one of those long posts on The Gear Page so I'm not going to look for it.

When I tried setting up two amp/cab blocks, it wouldn’t even let me use all 6 blocks as apparently i it had maxed out the cpu.

In another discussion, someone mentioned that the stomp used the same chip as Timeline.  I responded that the Timeline came out in 2011.... the stomp came out in 2018.  So I thought it odd they were using technology from 6 years ago.  

The response was, well... helix came out in 2015 and there was R&D development before that.

Ok......that would probably the Timeline had at least a couple years of R&D which would put it c. 2009.  

So the question is why are they throttling the capabilities of the unit with technolgy from 9-10 years ago?... if this is in fact the case.

Still, if they took a play out of the H9 book... even reverb/delay single block would be very useful.  Heck, they could clone the Strymon El Capistan... how ironic....:) 

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

1 hour ago, Smj7 said:

When I tried setting up two amp/cab blocks, it wouldn’t even let me use all 6 blocks as apparently i it had maxed out the cpu.

In another discussion, someone mentioned that the stomp used the same chip as Timeline.  I responded that the Timeline came out in 2011.... the stomp came out in 2018.  So I thought it odd they were using technology from 6 years ago.  

The response was, well... helix came out in 2015 and there was R&D development before that.

I'd be very curious to know how people confirmed it's the same chip. It does seem like it's confirmed the Stomp uses the same chip as the Helix. Since I can't see the guts of it all, it's hard to know how much this makes sense. Currently in the computing world at large, processors keep getting cheaper and more powerful and so generally you are always improving SOMETHING even with related products (so, for example, Sony's PS4 uses the same chips in terms of processing might that they used in 2013, BUT it uses more efficient smaller versions with each new iteration).

I've been told that DSP chips are a bit of a different beast, but when I looked at the company that produces them they are also clearly upgrading them on a regular basis similar to your standard CPUs.

Regardless of all of this though, the Stomp could clearly handle more than six blocks if they would allow it. 

Personally, I hope they eventually do.

Just trying to bump this thread. So to all those out there that say “don’t post here, post to ideascale.” I tried that. And I only got 13 votes for adding more blocks to the hx stomp. On this forum all these people have been voicing that they want more blocks. But clearly ideascale is not the best solution for getting new ideas implemented into future helix updates. I would say most people do not take the time to go to ideascale and vote on anything. Are you guys telling me that out off all the hx stomp users, only 13 people would like more blocks? That would be what ideascale is saying because I have only 13 upvotes for that idea. Line 6 will probably never see my idea until it reaches the thousands mark, which will never happen. Even if many people want more blocks  

58 minutes ago, andyyano said:

Just trying to bump this thread. So to all those out there that say “don’t post here, post to ideascale.” I tried that. And I only got 13 votes for adding more blocks to the hx stomp. On this forum all these people have been voicing that they want more blocks. But clearly ideascale is not the best solution for getting new ideas implemented into future helix updates. I would say most people do not take the time to go to ideascale and vote on anything. Are you guys telling me that out off all the hx stomp users, only 13 people would like more blocks? That would be what ideascale is saying because I have only 13 upvotes for that idea. Line 6 will probably never see my idea until it reaches the thousands mark, which will never happen. Even if many people want more blocks  

So how many votes did you get? ;)

Like it or not, Ideascale is what we've got. This side is a user forum. Nobody in here can get you what you want, and "official" folks don't hang around  much. But in more than one of their infrequent appearances, it has been stated that the Helix itself was born largely from Ideascale requests for other preexisting products. That being the case, it's not reasonable to conclude that it's useless merely because the one request that you put in there yourself didn't generate viral interest and start a revolution.

Plus, what you're asking for already exists. It's the LT. Even if it's possible to add more blocks to the Stomp, it's not in their best interest to blur the lines between the various Helix products any further. Having a bunch of units that are barely distinguishable is not a stable business strategy. Option paralysis would start driving the undecided folks elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, janpop89 said:

crowd sourcing sir do you know how to update more blocks in hx stomp???

Currently HX Stomp is limited to 6 blocks. Once firmware 3.0 drops HX Stomp will have 8 blocks.