Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.8 Windows 7 Fail

Schivosa

I know you said that you followed it to the letter, but it has to be asked:

Did you use the latest version of the updater?  You said you tried reinstalling HX Edit several times, but everything has to be off, disconnected, placed in another room so you're not tempted, and started from scratch.  All other apps need to be closed.  Perhaps try a clean uninstall of the editor from whatever OS you use, make sure nothing else is open, download the editor, take the box offline, and try installing it that way.

The boot failure is a temporary hiccup which you just click "OK" it goes away, so hopefully you didn't disconnect while that occurred.  If you did, you might have corrupted your download and the rebuild.

41 minutes ago, Schivosa said:

Looks like it was A Windows 7 issue. I hooked it up to a laptop with Windows 10 and the update continued. Rebuilding presets now.

So can you change the opening post to "Windows 7 FAIL"?

Similar situation here.  I was able to "un-brick" my LT over on a Windows 10 Desktop, but I still want to go back and have HX Edit functionality on this Win7 DAW.

I have uninstalled everything Helix related, but do I need to go to the device managed and remove the Helix there, I can still see it.

If Windows 10 allows the update to continue, but Windows 7 does not, then it's an incompatible issue between the software. That could be anything already installed on a Windows 7 machine (like Virus Scanning software) all the way up to Windows 7 having an issue with the 2.8 code. Could be anything causing this but thats not the point. My point is that Windows 7 was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009, and became generally available on Oct 22, 2009... When Windows 7 reaches its End of Life phase on January 14, 2020, Microsoft will stop releasing updates and patches for the operating system. That's just around the corner folks. Isn't it about time to upgrade a 10 year old OS?