Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Path 2B disapears (soundwise) [RESOLVED in 2.81]!!!

pilottes

After finaly succeeding to upgrade to 2.8 (I'll recap that ordeal in a later thread) I am now facing a very annoying bug.

I usually spread my blocks on all 4 paths. 2 amps in parrallel on first DSP and then serial to feed path 2A with EQs and IR where at the end I have Y A/B 100%B to feed Delays, Reverb and volume pedal.

Guess what? More often the none the 2B path disapear. No joke.Sound chain goes out to 2A only. The last Y A/B simply stop working. I've reset the Globals, I wiped out everything and buit a fresh preset from nothing and after 1 hour I started to loose path 2B. What should I do next. I really feel like a beta tester now. 

I can upgrade a third time. I'm quite good now. I know how to downgrade as well. I got all the glitch and I could'nt believe it. Even the USB saga. Always work from USB at the back for 3.5 years. After half the upgrade it lost connectivity with the HELIX. Had to go finish it off on a Win 7 PC. After all kind of set back I changed USB port and voila!

Long story short I now will revert to 2.71 if I can't solve this problem. Here is the preset, make a few copy in a bank you should see what happens. You need an adjacent empty New Preset. I found that scroling to the new preset and back will restore the preset to worki again for a time....

FRESH 2.8 Cab.hlx

Bump! Really? Anybody's using 2B?

Just to tell you the extent of my experimenting.

- I wiped out all with a reset 5+12

- Reinstalled 2.8 upgrade with no issue in 15 minutes. 

- loaded preset FRESH 2.8 Cab.hlx from above. 

- Copy it a few time and you'll see 2B path stop working

- I restored my backup from 2.71 -> All my presets have that behavior.

- Went back to 2.71 and restored all my presets and all is working like it's supposed to.

My conclusion is the hardware is probably OK.

I'll get to test that when I get my Helix back since it's in the shop to replace the joystick.  

This problem used to exist (same or similar) on the HX Effects... I think with the 2.5 or 2.6 firmware then it was corrected. 

I have not updated to 2.8 yet on my LT because I am in the middle of a busy gigging schedule and want to avoid stuff like this :) 

I use all 4 paths in a giant SERIAL chain. Nothing goes parallel on my live patches so even when I get to test this it may not be the same. I do know that if "path b" stopped working on my patches I'd be dead on a gig! 

8 hours ago, codamedia said:

This problem used to exist (same or similar) on the HX Effects... I think with the 2.5 or 2.6 firmware then it was corrected. 

I have not updated to 2.8 yet on my LT because I am in the middle of a busy gigging schedule and want to avoid stuff like this :) 

I use all 4 paths in a giant SERIAL chain. Nothing goes parallel on my live patches so even when I get to test this it may not be the same. I do know that if "path b" stopped working on my patches I'd be dead on a gig! 

That's my typical Preset.Friedman.jpg.3b0b095f97da5681c4cbbbdbff71f551.jpg

6 minutes ago, pilottes said:

That's my typical Preset.Friedman.jpg.3b0b095f97da5681c4cbbbdbff71f551.jpg

What are all the volume blocks on 2B doing? If I had to guess, I’d say there’s probably a good chance that the expression pedal bug is affecting one or some of those and muting that path.

26 minutes ago, phil_m said:

What are all the volume blocks on 2B doing? If I had to guess, I’d say there’s probably a good chance that the expression pedal bug is affecting one or some of those and muting that path.

Phil! You guessed wrong but its not forbidden. Last one is expression, one is volume boost assigne to a footswitch and thirs is another gain to balanced things up because I was probably lazy in this case. The minute Ii loose the 2B path my patch turn silent because I've set the output of 2A to -120 dB to make it obvius. Then I check Y A/B and it still indicate B 100%, it is activated, such nothing I can do to bring it back to life. And! It's reproductible.

Copy a similar preset to 4A, 4B, 4C and 4D for exemple. After copying 4D, the 4A, 4B and 4C will be silent forever. To get 4D to work again you need to select a blank New preset in 5A and then back to 4D.

No quite what you want for a gig.

13 minutes ago, litesnsirens said:

Is that Dynamic block in path B the LA comp?  

If so see this thread I just started, or just turn it off and see what happens.

That noise gate is on 2A not 2B has Verb, EQ, Volumes, Looper and out to XLR . No problem with 2A except for the Y A/B split

36 minutes ago, litesnsirens said:

5th block from the left top level of path B, just before the first delay block.  What’s that?

Sorry we're labeling things differently. It was my understanding that from the top down 

Guitar in -> 1A 

1B

2A

2B    => XLR

The dynamic bloc before the delay is a noise gate that works alright on 2A.

I can't easily do more test since I went back to 2.71

Amazon will ship a new USB cable tomorow! (Ya I had problem with that too...8-| )

Maybe it would help if you uploaded the preset?

That could stop the 'What is this? How is that parameter? ..."-game.... ;-)

... and whoever wants to help you could experience it by himself  and working on (and verifiying) a solution on his own.

5 hours ago, Simon268 said:

Maybe it would help if you uploaded the preset?

That could stop the 'What is this? How is that parameter? ..."-game.... ;-)

... and whoever wants to help you could experience it by himself  and working on (and verifiying) a solution on his own.

I did! First post up FRESH 2.8 Cab.hlx

It's a similar preset that use a Cab and expression pedal 1 only. Here it is again.

Copy the preset, for example to 4A, 4B, 4C and 4D for example. After copying 4D, the 4A, 4B and 4C will be silent forever. To get 4D to work again you need to select a blank New preset in 5A and then back to 4D.

Thanks for looking into it. Much appreciated.

FRESH 2.8 Cab.hlx

On 7/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, pilottes said:

Copy the preset, for example to 4A, 4B, 4C and 4D for example. After copying 4D, the 4A, 4B and 4C will be silent forever. To get 4D to work again you need to select a blank New preset in 5A and then back to 4D.

What have I missed, or what don't I understand? I thought this thread was about a "path" within a preset that stops working, this seems to describe something completely different. Not to mention it makes no sense to read it. Why is there a solution to get D working again when A, B & C are the ones that stopped working in your description?

1 hour ago, codamedia said:

What have I missed, or what don't I understand? I thought this thread was about a "path" within a preset that stops working, this seems to describe something completely different. Not to mention it makes no sense to read it. Why is there a solution to get D working again when A, B & C are the ones that stopped working in your description?

I probably shouldn't have gone there. I was merely trying to describe a way to observe to problem in a reproductible way.

In a nutshel 2B stop working. The way I use 2B is always with a Y A/B at 100 % at the end of 2A. Haven't check othet way to feed 2B. It'a may be realted more on the Y A/B defect. Just try the patch and settle the issue I'b be grateful. Only need to save it during while using it. To induced the problem. I think. 

• Thanks 1

I've got similar issues with my patches breaking when I run 2 paths on one DSP.

4e9910498e9df35c83724276dbe34b49.png

I posted my own thread but this is one of my patches and this is the signal path I get, the crossed out blocks no longer do anything despite being active.  I don't have time to go back to 2.71 at the moment, I might have to after the weekend if this isn't fixed before next week though.

I am able to reproduce this easily. I noticed that if I deleted the looper block at the end of path 2B the problem goes away. Do you use that looper at all? If not I recommend deleting it from the preset until the bug is fixed.

The bug seems to be that if you load a preset with a looper on a B path after coming from another preset with a looper on a B path audio stops passing.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, pilottes said:

So it might be a problem with the Y splits after all. I wish this is solve because, at the moment, 2.8 is unusable for me.

I'm seeing a trend with some of the problems people are reporting. Many of them are problems that have been reported with the HX Stomp and HX Effects in the past which were built on the new core to begin with. With this update, the Floor/Rack/LT users seem to be inheriting their bugs. 

As I mentioned earlier in this thread - the disappearing path used to occur on the HX Effects. Even if it loaded properly.... as soon as you used the tuner the path would disappear. I'm sure the Stomp also had this problem but with only 6 blocks even fewer people would split paths on it. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jdomine said:

I am able to reproduce this easily. I noticed that if I deleted the looper block at the end of path 2B the problem goes away. Do you use that looper at all? If not I recommend deleting it from the preset until the bug is fixed.

The bug seems to be that if you load a preset with a looper on a B path after coming from another preset with a looper on a B path audio stops passing.

Well! jdomine! It's exactly that! You nailed it! The looper did indeed break all my presets. The good news is I never use it live but only to goof around at home. So goodbye loopers for now. From the little that I tried again, if the looper is on the 2B path (where I suppose it's fairly often) the whole of 2B path is broken.

Thanks so much for taking the time trying the preset. At least I can now live with 2.8 and enjoy the novelties. I have a ticket opened with line 6 I'll make sure they know about this issue.

Yes!! yes!! yes!!!