Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GaryWalker1974

going back to old firmware

Recommended Posts

Hi All, qhen going back to previous firm ware ie from 2.80 back to 2,71 do you have to download and go back with everything ?

#updater

#helix edit

or could the updater remain at the latest version and just redo firmware back to 2.71?

 

many thanks for the help

 

Gaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You go through the same process.  Download the install program for HXEdit and run the install.  This installs the appropriate drivers and version of the Line 6 Updater.  Make sure you're not running HX Edit and run the Line 6 Updater and chose the 2.71 firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GaryWalker1974 said:

Hi All, qhen going back to previous firm ware ie from 2.80 back to 2,71 do you have to download and go back with everything ?

#updater

#helix edit

or could the updater remain at the latest version and just redo firmware back to 2.71?

 

many thanks for the help

 

Gaz

I'm not sure whether you can use the v2.80 Updater to roll back to v2.71 - probably not. But after rolling back the firmware you'll want HX Edit v2.71 anyway (HX Edit v2.80 is certainly not compatible with the v2.71 firmware) so why not download it first and use the 2.71-compatible versions of the driver and Updater? That way you'll avoid any potential incompatibility.

 

Also, unless you made backups of your v2.71 presets you cannot roll back; presets that were rebuilt for v2.80 (which happens after the 2.80 firmware installation) are no longer compatible with v2.71 firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wan't to roll back from 2.71 to 2.60 and i was almost certain that you can do it with the currect version of the updater. Would like to see if that it's correct or not. I didn't find any guide for rolling back firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, josegermain said:

I wan't to roll back from 2.71 to 2.60 and i was almost certain that you can do it with the currect version of the updater. Would like to see if that it's correct or not. I didn't find any guide for rolling back firmware.

 

Should be fine using the current version of Updater to roll back. It should just list all the available firmware versions. Just click on the one you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  And after rolling back with the updater,  should i  install the correspoding version of the drivers and hx edit (2.60 in my case) ?  Or are they backwards compatible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, josegermain said:

Thanks!  And after rolling back with the updater,  should i  install the correspoding version of the drivers and hx edit (2.60 in my case) ?  Or are they backwards compatible? 

 

HX Edit is backwards compatible with older firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, josegermain said:

I wan't to roll back from 2.71 to 2.60....

 

I'm just curious as to why you want to roll back?  

 

-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Andy1175 said:

 

I'm just curious as to why you want to roll back?  

 

-

 

Because of this, which has been going on since the 2nd of July!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, datacommando said:

 

Because of this, which has been going on since the 2nd of July!

 

 

Ah, I see.  Thanks.

 

-

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rolled back it was easy.  Just make sure that you close down HX edit then when you open up the updater it will show you a list of firmware options.  I actually re-installed 2.8 a second time to see if maybe on this install it would fix the issues but it didn't work.  I have a about a week and a half until my next gig so I'll see if there is a solution before rolling back to 2.71 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×