Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects 2.80 firmware - cannot control Tip and Ring independently?

manic_b

Hi,

this is my first post here so apologies if I missed this somewhere or get the etiquette wrong.

I recently acquired the HX effects to use with a Kraken V4 preamp. This has a TRS amp control input which controls the channel switching and bypass (designed for a pair of latching switches). On the previous firmware I was able to assign one footswitch to control bypass (very useful on the V4 series due to the routing features) and another to switch channel, by assigning one to "Amp 2 Tip" and one to "Amp 2 Ring".

With the new 2.8 firmware, these no longer seem to be independent. Turning on a ring signal to switch to channel 1 also enables the bypass (presumably by cancelling the signal to tip?) This is not a very useful arrangement. Do I need to roll back to the previous firmware, or am I missing a trick?

Initially I thought the firmware update had broken switching entirely as it no longer functioned in my patch, but by rebuilding the patch I discovered the new arrangement; presumably the new (non)--latching menu option broke compatibility with the restored preset.