Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Latency issue with NATIVE 1.8

rwinking

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED ANY LATENCY ISSUES WITH NATIVE 1.8? I HAVE. I'M USING PROTOOLS AND SINCE UPDATING TO 1.8 THERE IS A MAJOR LATENCY PROBLEM. I GO INTO PROTOOLS AND CHANGE THE BUFFER SIZE DOWN TO 32 SAMPLES AND STILL GET LATENCY. IT STARTED RIGHT AFTER THE UPDATE.

THANKS

On 7/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, rwinking said:

IT STARTED RIGHT AFTER THE UPDATE.

Troubleshooting 101.... roll it back and see if the problem goes away, then bring it back to 1.8 to see if it returns.

I'm not suggesting your problem doesn't exist... I'm just suggesting you run a couple more tests to make sure :)  

What latency HxN 1.8 is reporting in PT?
What makes you think changing buffer size affects the latency caused by plugins?
Helix Native 1.71 AAX version reports 16 samples of latency (checked at 48kHz) and PT 12.5 Windows on ASIO drivers set this value for latency compensation.

18 hours ago, phil_m said:

What interface are you using?

4 hours ago, rwinking said:

I’m using Antelope Zen.

What makes you think guys an interface is relevant?
Antelope Zen Tour RTL is 2,5ms Thunderbold and 5ms USB (@44kHz 32 smpl buffer) and 12/15ms at 256 buffer.
What is Hx Native 1.8 latency?