soundstephen

Connecting Active Pick Ups To Pod Hd 500

i'm using a strat with the hd 500 so far which i connect with TS jack on both the ends... now i'm getting this prs torero which has active pick ups.. and also i'v read that its is advisable to use a TRS jack  and not to use a mono that is a TS jack which will ruin the battery life of the guitar and ...   i'm totally confused about this thing... how should i wire the TRS jack from the PRS guitar into the pod hd 500 input jack which is a TS input ( i believe so )... some  one please help me... i never used a active pickup in my life...

IMHO you should ask PRS how to do, because this is an PRS issue not a line 6 hd issue

• Downvote 1

Flip the GUITAR IN switch by the expression pedal from NORMAL to PAD, regular TS cable...good to go! (I'm playing an Agile 727 with EMGs..Perf)

• Upvote 1

Most active guitars use a TRS jack on the guitar. As ahens already indicated, nothing changes with your cable as you still use a conventional 1/4" TS (unbalanced) cable...

It is fairly common to use a TRS jack on passive guitars also, but the Ring is wired to the sleeve and this is only for the better stability a TRS jack holding the plug (three spring contacts instead of one) offers over a TS jack (two spring contacts)....The spring contacts hold the plug in place when it is inserted...

In an active guitar, the TRS jack acts as a power switch for the onboard preamps the pickup use (that's what makes it active)...So just be sure to unplug the cable from the guitar itself when you are not using it as that will save your battery. This is the same concept as a pedal with a battery in it where you unplug the input side to save the battery.

• Upvote 1

The only function of the TRS stereo jack is connect the battery when a plug P10 monaural is inserted and disconnect the battery when the plug P10 monaural is removed of the guitar.
The PRS Torero already comes with a TRS stereo jack, so you can use any monaural guitar cable without problem to connect the guitar to a POD HD500.

Most active guitars use a TRS jack on the guitar. As ahens already indicated, nothing changes with your cable as you still use a conventional 1/4" TS (unbalanced) cable...

It is fairly common to use a TRS jack on passive guitars also, but the Ring is wired to the sleeve and this is only for the better stability a TRS jack holding the plug (three spring contacts instead of one) offers over a TS jack (two spring contacts)....The spring contacts hold the plug in place when it is inserted...

In an active guitar, the TRS jack acts as a power switch for the onboard preamps the pickup use (that's what makes it active)...So just be sure to unplug the cable from the guitar itself when you are not using it as that will save your battery. This is the same concept as a pedal with a battery in it where you unplug the input side to save the battery.

so you mean even if i use a ts connector, and when i unplug the connector from the guitar , it will disconnect the battery power....  thanks a lot..