Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 1.80 crashing Studio One and Digital Performer

Guitargaz

Just updated to 1.80 and immediately causing Studio One and Digital Performer to crash when clicking on the new Preferences button in the lower left hand corner. I have already gone back to 1.71 and raised a support ticket. I would avoid this update until they bring out a new one as this can't be trusted. Have they not tested this update with DAW's ??

3 hours ago, Guitargaz said:

Just updated to 1.80 and immediately causing Studio One and Digital Performer to crash when clicking on the new Preferences button in the lower left hand corner. I have already gone back to 1.71 and raised a support ticket. I would avoid this update until they bring out a new one as this can't be trusted. Have they not tested this update with DAW's ??

Hi,

The previous version was tested on a whole bunch of DAWs on both Mac and Window platforms – there's a list available on here somewhere.

As they had previously been O.K., in the main, they probably didn't repeat the the task of checking every option with every DAW.

If your Studio One and MOTU  had both worked before with your HXN 1.71,  I'm really at a loss to guess what happened to stop it working.

It must be a PITA to have it crash like it does, because the 'Preferences" are how you access a bunch of new stuff.

All I can tell you is, for me, using Logic Pro X 10.4.4 – Native works perfectly well (so far).

I did go the long way round by de-installing all the earlier versions and went through a couple of restarts of the Mac to make sure there was nothing lurking in the plug-ins,
before installing the updated version.

Maybe worthwhile checking that there is nothing causing a conflict with the 1.8 copy.

Because of delays and so many people calling for this update to be released ASAP, that now with so many strange issues and possible bugs showing up that it's as if we are all in a big army of public beta testers.

The support ticket reply and instructions seem to have solved the issue (see below). Maybe this should be included as part of the update, or at least the written instructions.

our Line 6 Support Ticket was updated with the following message:

Hi,
in this case we'd recommend a reinstall (does this only happen with old preset created in v1.71?)

1.Delete the files from these folders :
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6/Helix Native.aaxplugin
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3

2.Delete this folder :
/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/

3.Then  please delete the files in the  hidden LIbrary of OSX :
Apple-Menu/GO/ press ALT : Library appears, please delete the folder :
Application/Support/Line6/Helix Native

This folder also contains the user data for Helix Native. This includes the Preset and Impulse
Response libraries,
it is unnecessary to delete the PRESET_LIBRARY and
IR_LIBRARY folders when uninstalling. That said, It can be a useful troubleshooting step if
you are  experiencing odd behavior with presets and/or Impulse Responses. Before
deleting these folders, be sure to make a backup!

Also delete the Purchase files from (if there are any)

/Library/Application Support/Line 6/purchases.dat
/Library/Application Support/Line 6/purchasesV2.dat

-then reinstall Helix Native

Best regards,
Christoph Dégardin
Line 6 Technical Support Europe

o

Actually - not solved - still causes crash when clicking on the preference button. This is really bad. Very disappointed Line 6. Guess it will be blamed on me and my system. But this does not happen on 1.71. I am on Mojave 10.14.6 and Studio One 4.5.2. Going back to 1.71 until you sort this out - I tried what you asked and it hasn't worked - the plugin works and then you try and change the tone and it crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 11:47 AM, Guitargaz said:

As I said in that post - I am running Mojave on a mac - I am told 1.81 is not far away.

I knew you were on a Mac, I was trying to inject some humor in there for Windows people. Whenever there's a problem, the usual response is "it must be you or your system." I'm running Mojave on my Mac as well...installing it bricked my computer, but the Apple Support people walked me through installing the OS from scratch, and now all is well.

44 minutes ago, craiganderton said:

I knew you were on a Mac, I was trying to inject some humor in there for Windows people. Whenever there's a problem, the usual response is "it must be you or your system." I'm running Mojave on my Mac as well...installing it bricked my computer, but the Apple Support people walked me through installing the OS from scratch, and now all is well.

Tone of voice (particularly irony) is so hard to convey and be received correctly by people reading posts (without resorting to emojis etc) and as I am used to some hostile responses, I therefore misread your intention and tone (plus I was annoyed at how much time Line 6 had made me waste and so therefore more spiky than usual). Believe me I have tried irony and tried to be funny and it always gets misinterpreted. So thanks for your response - they did talk me through it and it seems mostly okay now, but I think an imminent update will help.

Actually I didn't read any kind of hostility in your reply, I figured you just read it quickly and missed "if you were running Windows," and the smiley at the end. Trust me...if that post is representative of you in a bad mood, you have a LONG way to go to approach even the lowest levels of forum hostility.

But back to the topic at hand...a 1.81 that fixes the blank screen/crashing issues will be most welcome. Helix 1.8 works most of the time for me, but I haven't figured out why it works sometimes and sometimes doesn't so I can have it work all the time. Love the new amps, though!

1.81 update still causing problems in Studio One with crashing when trying to access Preferences or Account buttons on the bottom left. It does work better in Cubase - which is where I have had to set it up with the custom bundles.

However all my IR's were removed and therefore am having to recreate patches with IR's from scratch - bloody nightmare. I have raised a support ticket - again. This is not good enough.