Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux2 And Maverick : Crackling Again ! Real Core Audio Driver Needed !

I updated my MacMini (end 2012 with internal 750Gb SSD) to OS X 10.9.1.

I am using a Line6 UX2 with drivers 7.3.6 (Monkey : 1.65)

I ma using Logic X (last version)

And I have big crackling and popping issues when I try to record my guitar or bass (on both instrument inputs).

I tried to make a bigger buffer in the system prefs and/or Logic X, but it changes nothing. Impossible to have a "clean" recording without a periodic crackling noise (periodicity depending on the buffer size, from aprox 0.3 to 1 second space)

The only way to get it clean again is :

1/ to deactivate "core audio" in Logic X. But then I loose all the cool guitar and bass effects... and that's (partly) why I bought Logic in the first place !!

2/ I plug my little Apogee Jam (which I bought for my iPad) and there i gat Logic Audio working perfectly !! But I bought mu Line6 UX2 to use it !!!

So please people : fix the UX2 drivers for Maverick !! Or tell me what's wrong with my UX2 ?

.. In the meantime, I've lost too much time trying to fix Line 6 core audio problems ! If you can't make drivers for the mac, just say it !! I'm selling my line 6 junck and switching to MOTU ! They have a REAL customer support for Mac OS and CARE about us !!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

same problem with UX1 .... it works on tiger, leopard .... and latency and noise with mavericks and new imac27 :-(

Hi! 

it works also with lion, but  i hear noises  with my imac21 intel core i7 3,1 ghz !    

it crashes with Garage Band 10.0.1 and Logic Pro9.1.8 :angry:

Just like you.

did you find any solution?

I'll change my ux1 with a motu microbook ii 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello

I just arrived here, cause my UX1 was crackling again. Fortunately opening the AUDIO MIDI Setup and reseting the Format to 44100.0 Hz immediately removed the crackling problem. 

I don't know why. But seemed to solve my problem.

Greetings!

Nicolas

• Upvote 1

Yeah sometimes have to do that after a system upgrade....

i think the upgrade defaults the settings and toggling it re-reads important details from the drivers.

(guess)

Hello

I just arrived here, cause my UX1 was crackling again. Fortunately opening the AUDIO MIDI Setup and reseting the Format to 44100.0 Hz immediately removed the crackling problem. 

I don't know why. But seemed to solve my problem.

Greetings!

Nicolas

Hey guys i have been having the same mac mavericks BS too had it last year with mountain lion as well but out of nowhere by setting the guitar port to have an extra small buffer size the pooping stopped. This is for the line 6 guitar port might work for the ux and ux2, cheers!