Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WoW 2.8 really isn't ready still?

Tavish-Rox

I'll admit it I was one of the guys screaming for Line 6 to get there finger out and release this update, of course, they didn't take any notice and none of what I said or any of the other excited customers were screaming either, we got slammed and shot down by all the 'protectors of the realm', don't get me wrong here, I really like my helix, ( I don't love it ) As a tool to get great tones for my gigs, I'm a part-timer I do around 2-4 gigs a week in pubs and clubs and can make a few quid to pay for our cars or holidays, its a nice income stream, I'm not a full-time muso I do have a decent 50hr per week day job too. Helix suits me, as for me its good balance between costs and quality, I enjoy using it and thus far has been as reliable as my POD2, XT Live!, HD500X, it was a natural upgrade, I use the Helix direct to my FOH, I don't use and foldback and have no amps on stage, basic... I know my gear well though, I've been doing the above for over 20 years successfully. So this 2.8 update that they have rolled out... mmm, I did upgrade but quickly rolled back as its not ready guys... And I can see many people are using it successfully, maybe they don't use their gear the same as myself for example and so they won't see the bugs the whole upgrade process was incredibly slow, and even stopped halfway through, ( expected but not good ). My experience with the 2.8 release os one of disappointment, the platform runs slower, and yes tell me I'm wrong, but I know my gear and my helix runs slower with 2.8, L6 has managed to break several users Units with this update, maybe pilot with a few errors but many aren't, they appear to follow the instructions (how many pages). We are supposed to be thankful that L6 is giving us this for free according to some folk on here, they still don't get the concept of 'We bought a platform!' how else do we use it, L6 has an obligation to there customers to make sure that the rollouts are as trouble-free as possible, who beta tested this crap? don't tell me the 'L6 Ambassadors'? a few brand loyal consumers.. I honestly think that L6 beta program is to blame, L6 has a lot of users that really know the gear well but don't comment on here or TGP, users that play and use the gear for real every week.. not in a church or bedroom but on a stage or studio for cash... these are the guys and gals that can tell you if there's an issue anywhere with the platform, I'm sure some of the beta testers also do these gigs but I know for fact that some of them do not, 

So for all of the folks that think L6 is giving us these updates for free, Line6 have sold a platform (operating environment)that they have control of, they don't sell upgrades because consumers wouldn't buy into the platform without updates.. Think Android and you're nearly there..

How about all those that said they'll release it when its ready... They haven't...

Those that think its amazing.. MMmm no

Those who rolled back... Good on ya

Ready for the onslaught of hate.. check

• Thanks 1

Well, I personally played a few gigs with various beta versions of the software. It seems to me that most of the issues have been pretty minor (which is a relative term, I guess). The one with the EXP1/EXP2 not going to the correct state seems to be the most serious one. That's something I never caught simply because I always use two external expression pedals with my Helix.

The reason the update stops in the middle has to do with the new QWERTY commands feature. If they didn't do it that way, it runs the risk of causing more conflicts and instability with various operating systems down the road.

I honestly don't know what you mean by the Helix running slower... Definitely not something I notice. I think a lot of the things people are calling bugs are things that go away after a factory reset. I've noticed a few issues like that myself.

Any beta program is going to have bugs that get through. Apple has thousands of people using beta versions of iOS before a major release, yet you always read articles about some bug breaking something after the releases are in the wild. It's just life when dealing with software.

Okay, cool. I've played as an armchair quarterback too. It's a wonderful thing to do because it makes you feel really proud of yourself and smart, but there's no system of accountability if you're completely full of lollipop so it's a relative safe zone. 

I did that with my wife's casserole dish the other day. I just forgot not to do it when she's there. I'm hoping the front door is finally unlocked tonight. 

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

575 words to tell us how if only L6 let everybody in the world be beta testers (as suggested in a previous rant) then this horrible crappy update would've been SOOO much better, but L6 doesn't care, just a bunch of incompetent money grubbers. The only people who like this upgrade are amateurs (bedroom and church players), and here come all the brown nose butt kissing "protectors of the realm" to hate on poor me for having the nerve to tell the unvarnished truth!

You just don't get it. DI keeps a list of everybody who posts mean-spirited, know-it-all, critical rants. The SW is designed so that when they (you) try to install it, it fails and has all sorts of bugs, thus confirming your speculations and contributing to your sense of your own personal worth. How many companies care enough about their customers to do that? And for FREE!

BTW - my update was flawless, my Helix runs (and sounds) better than ever, and the two actual bugs that have been reported are IMO, NBD. But then, I'm just a lowly amateur and obviously a brown-nosed protector of the realm.

Love you Mark!

54 minutes ago, phil_m said:

[...]

I honestly don't know what you mean by the Helix running slower... Definitely not something I notice. I think a lot of the things people are calling bugs are things that go away after a factory reset. I've noticed a few issues like that myself.

[...]

This ^^^.

markdaniels76: L6 has managed to break several users Units with this update

Are you one of those, Mark?!

It seems odd to me that someone with such a great dependency on the Helix for his music work every week would be so foolhardy as to immediately jump in and install ANY FW update without giving it sufficient time to prove itself.  I notice he doesn't rant much about why it was so incumbent on him to do so.  Heck, QSC just released a new FW updgrade for my TM30 digital mixer over a month ago and I'm still evaluating it's stability before I make the leap.  You'd think someone so self-righteous would be more disciplined in his planning....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

So the upgrade stopping half way through is supposed to happen and if you click the correct button after it stops, it proceeds. My upgrade process was pretty quick and painless. Not sure if you knew it was supposed to do that.  Sorry yours didn't go as well. I am curious, when you say slow, what do you mean? Switching between patches? Switching between Snapshots? Programming? I used it right after the upgrade and had no issues so I am curious (in church, sorry. I know it doesn't meet with your criteria.). Not hating or mad, just want to be aware of and watch out for anything that may be an issue.

28 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

You'd think someone so self-righteous would be more disciplined in his planning....

Yeah, but if you plan too much, you run the risk of things starting to go well... how would I get my daily dose of existential outrage, then? Next thing I know they're drumming me right out of the Perpetual Victim Society.... and the annual Whinefest is next month.

What color ribbon do we display for sh!tty firmware solidarity? ;)

• Haha 1

The 2.8 update is a bit of a lollipop-show, if you're making a living out of music then the bugs of this update could really screw you up. In the past I had no issues with updates so I felt safe going to 2.8, but I had a lot of trouble just getting it installed properly with all the issues regularly discussed, and then when it is installed I have a few annoying issues but also completely broken patches that no longer work.

My faith in Line 6 is still strong, the Helix is an amazing product but they gotta sort out this lollipop. I'm out on the road all weekend, I won't be able to revert back to 2.71 until monday. I only wish I had read the forums before updating, I just didn't see the need since it was always great in the past.

35 minutes ago, bigbazz86 said:

The 2.8 update is a bit of a lollipop-show, if you're making a living out of music then the bugs of this update could really screw you up. In the past I had no issues with updates so I felt safe going to 2.8, but I had a lot of trouble just getting it installed properly with all the issues regularly discussed, and then when it is installed I have a few annoying issues but also completely broken patches that no longer work.

My faith in Line 6 is still strong, the Helix is an amazing product but they gotta sort out this lollipop. I'm out on the road all weekend, I won't be able to revert back to 2.71 until monday. I only wish I had read the forums before updating, I just didn't see the need since it was always great in the past.

Well that's the point and should be a good lesson learned.  Music is my only business as well and because of the critical nature of the Helix in that business I don't take chances with anything that I don't have control over.  That's what pros do whether it's music, banking, or retail.  You don't ever jump blindly into anything that could affect the critical systems in your business without having first researched, prepared and planned.  There was nothing so critical in 2.8 that would require me to do the upgrade, so why chance it?  Especially when you're on tour.  It's not like you're really going to have a lot of time to experiment with incorporating the new features until the tour is finished,  right?

Maybe folks should maybe consider such things when they start whining about when the next upgrade will be.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, bigbazz86 said:

Apart from the problems some are having with the actual install process, we seem to be up to 3 (4?) actual bugs:

1) Expression pedal 1/2 switcheroo
2) XLR Out Line/Mic switch on startup
3) Broken Presets

4) ?

I'm thinking there's a 4th, but having a brain fart. Anybody got any others?

15 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Apart from the problems some are having with the actual install process, we seem to be up to 3 (4?) actual bugs:

3) Broken Presets

4) ?

I think 1 and 2 may be the same problem with some instability in global settings as clearing global settings is a known requirement for this upgrade and is in the release notes, but that one seems be limited to LT for some reason but I could be wrong.  It could also potentially be due to people not restoring their global settings from their backup as prescribed in the release notes.  It may be too early to say whether broken presets is really a bug or a problem with people not following the correct procedures for restoring such things.  I think that one will require more work to find out what situations cause it and if it's a consistent pattern.  The one that CLEARLY seems to be a problem and easily replicated appears to be the problem with the LA compressor placed at the end of the signal chain intermittently losing volume.

5 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

The one that CLEARLY seems to be a problem and easily replicated appears to the the problem with the LA compressor placed at the end of the signal chain intermittently losing volume.

I'll have to load up some of my older presets where I did that. I've been having so much fun with the new toys I've been neglecting my old standbys!

So:

1) Expression pedal 1/2 switch
3) Broken Presets

4) LA Compressor at end of chain loses volume intermittently

Any more?

4 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Any more?

Posted this in the bug topic sticky. Don't know for sure if it's an actual bug (looks like it is), but it's repeatable and sure puts a damper (makes it useless in this situation) on Helix's reamping capability.

Device: Helix Floor 2.8
DAW: Reaper 5.9.8.1

Helix midi globals:
    Base channel: 1
    Tempo select: per snapshot
    Midi over usb: on
    All others: off

Reaper track setup (no input or output fx on any tracks):
    1: parent track: input1+input2, output to master
        2:  dry - content: previously captured dry signal
              input: 7
              output: 3/4
        3:   wah - content: midi items with previously captured data from exp2 (cc#2, 0-127)
              input: midi: line 6 helix channel 1
              output: midi hardware - line 6 helix channel 1
        4:   control - content: midi items containing snapshot changes (cc#69, 0-7)
               input: none
               output: midi hardware - line 6 helix channel 1

HX Edit consistently loses connection when track 3 has data that controls exp2 that is within a certain time preceding a snapshot change on track 4. The connection loss occurs a certain time after the snapshot change. The amount of time is always the same for the project I discovered this in, which is approximately 4 seconds. I looked in a different project and the time was different but still always the same within that project. There is also an audio anomaly giving away that a disconnect is about to happen; in my case, exp2 controls a wah and shortly before the disconnect, the wah gets 'stuck', or Helix stops responding to the midi data being sent from Reaper.

The reconnect button at the bottom of HX Edit that appears is always successful in reconnecting once playback has stopped. If I try and reconnect while playback is still going HX Edit spits out a couple of error dialogs: "Failed to get impulse names. Service is not online. [code: -8207]" and "Failed to get preset names. Service is not online. [code: -8207]"

If either track 3 or 4 is muted, HX Edit does not lose connection. If HX Edit is not running, everything appears to work as expected.

I can also cause a consistent Helix crash (unresponsive to buttons and switches, blank screen) with the above conditions in place and by enabling sending the midi clock from Reaper to Helix, and enabling receive midi clock over usb in Helix.

Separate from the above, I've also noticed that on windows 10 there is a new entry in device manager (with show hidden devices) under universal serial bus controllers put there by connecting Helix to the computer with 2.8 installed on the device:  Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed), device status is code 45 whether Helix is turned on or not.

1 hour ago, DunedinDragon said:

Maybe folks should maybe consider such things when they start whining about when the next upgrade will be.

When is the next update coming? -> What’s taking so long? -> The tentative release date has passed, why are they denying us our update? -> Let everybody be beta testers, just put it out already! -> OMG they released it and it is imperfect! -> When is the next update coming?

It’s the Circle of Life!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXfrRpcsiwQJlVnBDhzBH

• Haha 3

3) Broken Presets

5) FS2 fails to reflect Bypass status after switching modes

6) Thump when loading preset with Kinky Boost ON

7) Audio gap when changing cabs with snapshots

8-???)

OK, this is me apologizing for claiming only 2 bugs. After reading the Bug sticky (the proper place to put bug reports), there's apparently a lot more than I'd noticed elsewhere. Not a lot of show stoppers, but if you're using Helix professionally, enough to consider the wisdom of updating before at LEAST 2.81!

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

3) Broken Presets

4) ?

I posted one very minor one where if you use all of the characters available for a setlist name the last character doesn't display on the Helix. There are probably other bugs here and there.

This truly was a massive rewrite to the code. I know people are tired of hearing it but the rewrite has the potential to expedite future improvement of the entire product line and prolong the time it remains in active development. Some issues will inevitably be introduced when you modify a product's architecture and codebase to this extent. I would ask my fellow users, what was the alternative? Probably a moribund product where updates came dramatically less often as all efforts would have had to be diverted to the next generation of HX products for any substantial progress to be made. In my eyes pursuing the current upgrade strategy is a huge win for us users but it does come with a cost. Yes there will be blood on the bleeding edge.

In the interim I understand people's frustration but for anyone who wants to jump in now, depending on what other devices you have connected to your HX device and how you construct your presets you may find a bug.  It may be minor and something you can work around or it may be a showstopper for you. Anyone who dives in right now to the latest upgrade (and I believe it is worth doing), should be prepared to roll back if they hit an issue that they can't tolerate. If rolling back is something repugnant to you I would recommend waiting until at least the next fix or release. Why subject yourself to needless aggravation? Personally so far I am delighted with the new update but perfectly prepared to roll back if I hit something in this firmware that I can't work around.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

This truly was a massive rewrite to the code. I know people are tired of hearing it but the rewrite has the potential to expedite future improvement of the entire product line and prolong the time it remains in active development. Some issues will inevitably be introduced when you modify a product's architecture and codebase to this extent. I would ask my fellow users, what was the alternative? Probably a moribund product where updates came dramatically less often as all efforts would have had to be diverted to the next generation of HX products for any substantial progress to be made. In my eyes pursuing the current upgrade strategy is a huge win for us users but it does come with a cost. Yes there will be blood on the bleeding edge.

In the interim I understand people's frustration but if people want to jump in now, depending on what devices you have connected to your HX device and how you construct your presets you may find a bug.  It may be minor and something you can work around or it may be a showstopper for you. Anyone who dives in right now to the latest upgrade (and I believe it is worth doing), should be prepared to roll back if they hit an issue that they can't tolerate. If rolling back is something repugnant to you I would recommend waiting until at least the next fix or release. Why subject yourself to needless aggravation. Personally so far I am delighted with the new update but perfectly prepared to roll back if I hit something in this firmware that I can't work around.

This!

Seriously. Helix is a computer. If you've been using computers for more than a week, and ESPECIALLY if you use them to make your living, you SHOULD know better than to install updates, especially MAJOR updates, before they've been run through the wringer by the second line (bleeding edge) testers - in the case of Helix, that's us amateurs who use it primarily at home for fun! ;-)

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

575 words to tell us how if only L6 let everybody in the world be beta testers (as suggested in a previous rant) then this horrible crappy update would've been SOOO much better, but L6 doesn't care, just a bunch of incompetent money grubbers. The only people who like this upgrade are amateurs (bedroom and church players), and here come all the brown nose butt kissing "protectors of the realm" to hate on poor me for having the nerve to tell the unvarnished truth!

You just don't get it. DI keeps a list of everybody who posts mean-spirited, know-it-all, critical rants. The SW is designed so that when they (you) try to install it, it fails and has all sorts of bugs, thus confirming your speculations and contributing to your sense of your own personal worth. How many companies care enough about their customers to do that? And for FREE!

BTW - my update was flawless, my Helix runs (and sounds) better than ever, and the two actual bugs that have been reported are IMO, NBD. But then, I'm just a lowly amateur and obviously a brown-nosed protector of the realm.

Love you Mark!

Ah.. Cheers, Glad you replied.. Love you too

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

3) Broken Presets

5) FS2 fails to reflect Bypass status after switching modes

6) Thump when loading preset with Kinky Boost ON

7) Audio gap when changing cabs with snapshots

8-???)

OK, this is me apologizing for claiming only 2 bugs. After reading the Bug sticky (the proper place to put bug reports), there's apparently a lot more than I'd noticed elsewhere. Not a lot of show stoppers, but if you're using Helix professionally, enough to consider the wisdom of updating before at LEAST 2.81!

There are few more too, But good advice, lots of folks been waiting to try this update, me included, Like I said I rolled back, I was pretty sure I would have to anyway.. . I was trying it out to see if the wait was worth it..

9 minutes ago, PierM said:

YAWN

YO! DUDE! WAKE UP!

I just squashed a bug! Don't know what kind, I spied it with my predator eye and squarshed it's little buggy butt!

My Helix sounds SO much better now!

I think it might've been a placebo bug!

Hello Mr. Markdaniels76,

Every major update worth its salt is gonna have issues that get missed and needs a patch or two to correct stuff. This is a "natural" occurrence for any company that writes software. 

So please, from one asshat to another, drop the 'protectors of the realm' stuff.

Why?

Because ...,

1. The point you are making never helps anything if you can't have more fun with it than evilness.

2. Most of the time the knowledge base of the "Experts" here far exceeds many of the complaints thrown at them about Line 6 issues. I know this as fact. I also know they have been wrong on occasion (a time or two) and that's a fact too. The guy that's never wrong hasn't returned yet.

3. Finally, they nor I dictate what comes out of the Main office at Line 6.

Now, I brag on Line-6 when they deserve it (and they mostly do for 2.8) and I give um heell when they don't. You really don't have to agree with anyone here, but remember to respect their opinion even if they wish to be wrong at times. ; ) And to me, that IMO is another "natural" occurrence as well. ; )

1 hour ago, spikey said:

So please, from one asshat to another, drop the 'protectors of the realm' stuff.

I LIKE being a "Protector of the Realm". When I was a kid I LOVED Crusader Rabbit! I know, not PC these days. I DON'T CARE!

1 hour ago, spikey said:

Now, I brag on Line-6 when they deserve it (and they mostly do for 2.8) and I give um heell when they don't.

I reserve the right to be the "Loyal Opposition" when called for, but you're so much better at it than me! :-)

• Thanks 1

Well I've found this thread very useful!

Yes, the initial post was a bit of a rant - but sometimes when you get caught out making the wrong decision - especially when a lot of what you are told is "wow - this is great", you can get a bit emotional - let's assume that's pretty normal human behaviour.  At least for a lot of us.

I've been waiting and watching exactly for  thread like this.

The emotional response brought out a lot of people who know what they are doing and lead to what may not be a fully comprehensive bug list, but is enough useful information to let me know that I will hold off on the new update.

If I had 2 Helixes, I'd have updated one already - but I don't - so you guys are giving me the actual information I could not find confirmed in other threads - as we know a lot of "problems" are user error or easy fixed.

I do think that the update process has always been scary and a reason why I only upgrade every few releases.  I've also had hangs and restarts and all that before - always sorted it in the end, but it's pain I'm really unwilling to go through too often.  

I'm curious as to how many users who've been around a while can say it never happened to them?

I've always found the Helix to be ultra fussy about USB.

I'd love to see good solid machine to machine - computer to Helix communication a priority - I'm old school there - I want it to work even more than I want it to be cool!

Oh, and I'm very computer literate! - so if I'm cautious - I bet a whole lot of the rest of you are too??

Anyhow, thanks for putting so much info in one place!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, rvroberts said:

Well I've found this thread very useful!

Yes, the initial post was a bit of a rant - but sometimes when you get caught out making the wrong decision - especially when a lot of what you are told is "wow - this is great", you can get a bit emotional - let's assume that's pretty normal human behaviour.  At least for a lot of us.

I've been waiting and watching exactly for  thread like this.

The emotional response brought out a lot of people who know what they are doing and lead to what may not be a fully comprehensive bug list, but is enough useful information to let me know that I will hold off on the new update.

If I had 2 Helixes, I'd have updated one already - but I don't - so you guys are giving me the actual information I could not find confirmed in other threads - as we know a lot of "problems" are user error or easy fixed.

I do think that the update process has always been scary and a reason why I only upgrade every few releases.  I've also had hangs and restarts and all that before - always sorted it in the end, but it's pain I'm really unwilling to go through too often.  

I'm curious as to how many users who've been around a while can say it never happened to them?

I'd love to see good solid machine to machine - computer to Helix communication a priority - I'm old school there - I want it to work even more than I want it to be cool!

Oh, and I'm very computer literate! - so if I'm cautious - I bet a whole lot of the rest of you are too??

Anyhow, thanks for putting so much info in one place!

You seem like such a reasonable and level headed person. Are you SURE you're on the right forum? ;-)

• Haha 5

I think that in times like these there is always a certain risk of depending on the latest version. This has nothing to do with Line 6, it concerns the whole technology.
I don't think professionals would change their equipment in the middle of a tour without need. 
I changed the version without any problems and played a GIG, but I was aware of the risk, which I ignored according to the motto "no risk - no fun".

An emergency backup for a worst case is always with me.
It was important to read the description carefully and to follow the given procedure. As a non native speaker even  I have managed to do this to some extent.
I feel sorry for everyone who had stress with the update, but I think that a certain risk awareness for the situation and personal responsibility should not be missing. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rvroberts said:

I'll be waiting this one out too. Fortunately, I didn't make a fuss about the length of time it took 2.8 to drop... :-0

It does say, somewhere, that you should not use USB hubs, only direct connections to the PC. To be on the safe side, I use only back panel ports and I've never had any problems with USB.

Reasonably, hence the caution with updates we appear to share :-)

Interesting post.  I was cautious during the update and was reading the screen.  It took about 10 or 12 minutes since I knew to click the OK button everything time it came up.  Used it after a week break from playing live venues at least twice every weekend for the past several months.  Our sound man said it was the clearest and best sound he has heard since I've been using the Helix.  Have I had a couple of bugs, well yes.  Did I find work-arounds until the next update, yep. 

And yes I am sure I use it different from others.  However, I use the on board EXP and switching between the Vol and a Wah or the Vol and Drop or Drop and Wah in several of the patches haven't been problematic; having the sweep value has been GREAT by the way.  I must be lucky.

22 hours ago, schuha_at said:

but I think that a certain risk awareness for the situation and personal responsibility should not be missing. 

But that's not nearly as satisfying as getting to tar and feather The Man, whilst screaming "Woe is me!" from the rooftops, now is it? ;)

• Haha 1

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

But that's not nearly as satisfying as getting to tar and feather The Man, whilst screaming "Woe is me!" from the rooftops, now is it? ;)

You forgot "whilst screaming "Woe is me!" from the rooftops" next to a canyon! It's always better with some reverb and delay involved... ; )

Patience helps. I didn't update to Windows 10 1903 when it became available. Microsoft just issued another patch that cleaned up some bugs, so it's probably time. I didn't update my Mac to Mojave until several months after it was introduced, yet the update bricked my MacBook Pro to where Apple Support had me re-install the OS from scratch. I think Apple has a few more resources at their disposal than Line 6, and they have total control over the operating system and host computer. 

When I first updated to Native 1.8, I kept getting a "code -8210 can't connect to DSP" error. I uninstalled it, turned off Windows Defender, tried to install again, and all was well.

This concept of "everyone is a beta tester" is, in fact, true for Windows. There are over 7,000,000 different permutations and combinations of typical Windows-based systems. If Line 6 fails to test even 1% of the use cases where problems can occur (obviously an impossible task to even do that), then 70,000 systems are candidates for experiencing problems. It's only after enough people with "corner cases" experience issues that it's possible to quantify and fix them. Meanwhile, although the people who experience problems are most visible, whether you're talking Windows, Mac, or Line 6, most system fall within the tested guidelines, and most people don't have problems.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

First time I have uploaded a video so I hope it works.

The video shows how slow the Helix has become after the upgrade. All effects switched on and off simultaneously prior to the update.

I noticed the anomaly at the weekend gig and had to hit the boost button a second before the solo to counter the time difference. I will have to roll back as I'm not prepared to gig with it as it is now. Brilliant piece of kit and the upgrades are terrific but this delay issue is serious for me.

30 minutes ago, markcockerill said:

First time I have uploaded a video so I hope it works.

The video shows how slow the Helix has become after the upgrade. All effects switched on and off simultaneously prior to the update.

I noticed the anomaly at the weekend gig and had to hit the boost button a second before the solo to counter the time difference. I will have to roll back as I'm not prepared to gig with it as it is now. Brilliant piece of kit and the upgrades are terrific but this delay issue is serious for me.

When you updated, did you do a reset and then restore from backup? I've played several gigs since updating (played one just yesterday), and I haven't seen anything like this. I switch snapshots all the time...