Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal 2 adjustment

erikwt78

Heyo! I've been wondering this ever since I got the Helix about 2 years ago-  Why is the expression pedal always set as Exp 2, instead of Exp 1 considering it's the only pedal on the board?  I'm guessing it's possible to have it set as Exp 1 as default but nowhere have I been able to find it.  When going into the Command Center, the on-board pedal is shown as Exp1 but on the screen above the pedal, it shows it as Exp 2.  Why is that?

Also, in Command Center, it shows a toggle above the on-board Exp pedal and lists it as "EXP Toe Switch"- What switch is this? and why is it not actually on the board?

It's also a shame the Exp pedal can't toggle on/off as a regular exp pedal. Anyone know what it was designed that way?

5 minutes ago, erikwt78 said:

It's also a shame it doesn't have the click on/off on the pedal itself. Anyone know what it was designed that way

But it does! It's just really stiff, you have to lean into it.

7 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Maybe it's broke? MIne works fine - I'm clicking it on/off at this very moment!

It never worked since I've had it. Got it off of Reverb in what was apparently "Like New" condition. Ha! Apparently the guy bamboozled me.