Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot copy

jbright44

Just updated to 2.8. For some reason the touch and hold and tap destination to copy a snapshot function is not working. If I touch and hold 2 buttons it will give me the prompt to switch, but when I touch hold and tap it doesn't give me the prompt to copy. 

Any ideas here?

On 7/28/2019 at 7:02 AM, jbright44 said:

Just updated to 2.8. For some reason the touch and hold and tap destination to copy a snapshot function is not working. If I touch and hold 2 buttons it will give me the prompt to switch, but when I touch hold and tap it doesn't give me the prompt to copy. 

Any ideas here?

Just wanted to say I noticed the same issue.  Made me hook up to the computer to use HX Edit.

2 minutes ago, jonandtice said:

I experienced the issue while in Snapshot Mode, so no.

Just to be clear, you entered Snapshot Mode by hitting FS1 and FS7 together? Because if you have Preset Mode view set to 8 Snapshots in Global Settings, it looks identical to Snapshot Mode.

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

Just to be clear, you entered Snapshot Mode by hitting FS1 and FS7 together? Because if you have Preset Mode view set to 8 Snapshots in Global Settings, it looks identical to Snapshot Mode.

Could be.  I'll check when I get home.

40 minutes ago, jbright44 said:

I use the "8 Snapshots" mode so I can testify to the fact that snapshot copy DEFINITELY doesn't work in that mode. If I push FS1 and FS7 from that view will it just go to a "redundant" snapshot mode and allow me to copy?

Yes, my understanding is that it works in Snapshot Mode currently, but not in the Preset Mode views that show snapshots (which is what the 8 Snapshots setting is).

In any case, it's a known bug.

• 3 years later...

Wow, this thread is from 2019. I bought my helix in 2019 and had no trouble since then till this year (probably after updating the firmware). Any ideas how to fix this? The only way for me to use this function is to do it through HX Edit, which isn't ideal.