Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.8 bug with snapshots and tap tempo transparent mode

tourultimate

With 2.8 the transparent tap tempo works when manually changing tempo by tapping. However when tempo is per snapshot, changing snapshots causes the warble with the time based effects.

Unfortunately, this is issue affects me because I am on stage several times a month and transitions between songs is now difficult with this bug.

Has anybody else experienced this?

That's odd.... I thought this was suppose to be one of the features/fixes with 2.8.... 

That behavior has been there all along, but 2.8 was suppose to make it truly transparent. 

From the 2.8 release notes...

The Global Settings > Preferences > Tap Tempo Pitch (Authentic, Transparent) setting now also affects tempo changes taking place across snapshot changes, not just when pressing the TAP switch

2 hours ago, tourultimate said:

I submitted a bug report to line 6 and also added the bug in the sticky thread.

Is nobody else experiencing this issue?

I tried on a new preset and it appears to work correctly.

19 minutes ago, codamedia said:

That's odd.... I thought this was suppose to be one of the features/fixes with 2.8.... 

That behavior has been there all along, but 2.8 was suppose to make it truly transparent. 

From the 2.8 release notes...

The Global Settings > Preferences > Tap Tempo Pitch (Authentic, Transparent) setting now also affects tempo changes taking place across snapshot changes, not just when pressing the TAP switch

Well it’s much weirder that I’ve never noticed it before the update.

23 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Are you sure the setting is set to Transparent? The update resets your Global Settings, and Authentic is the default setting.

Yes sir, I am sure. I’ve tried toggling the setting in global to “transparent” a few times to no avail.

• 2 months later...