Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native MIDI out?

EnjoyRC

When using other MIDI controllers besides an actual Helix, is it possible for Helix Native to send bypass MIDI info out?

Example: I have a Nektar Pacer MIDI Controller.  It can receive MIDI information to illuminate LEDs (on/off).

Desire: When Helix Native loads a patch, the configured MIDI mapped bypasses (on/off) are displayed properly on my floor pedal.

The latest version of Native finally supports preset changes via Program Change messages. I don't think there is a MIDI "thru" option built into Native, but you should be able to configure your DAW so that a Program Change messages is routed to both Native and your Nektar controller. How that is done, of course, will be DAW dependent.

Setlist and preset changes are currently supported only for the AU and AAX versions and not for VST2/3 versions. From the manual:

NOTE - AU and AAX Plug-in Formats Only: At this time, remote MIDI control of setlist and preset changes is supported only with the AU (Mac) and Pro Tools AAX (Mac and Windows) Helix Native plug-in formats. It is not supported for the VST2 or VST3 Helix Native plug-in formats on Mac or Windows.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2019 at 2:48 PM, EnjoyRC said:

is it possible for Helix Native to send bypass MIDI info out?

It seems HxN can not send any MIDI from the plugin. Some DAWs can however map automation to MIDI out but I haven't tried it.

Thanks for the responses.  As suggested, there are hosts that can map midi to exposed parameters in HxN.  I've done this with GigPerformer and Ableton.  So the host is sending current parameter statuses to my MIDI remote device.  Task complete!  :o)