Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem with "Reverse delay"

doovoo

Does anyone have a problem with Reverse delay?

When i used reverse delay with 100% mix it should be only the reverse signal come out right? But it always still have the dry signal spill out. It's so annoy. Sometime it throw my thing away. Anyone who like to play ambient sound will understand. If anyone dont' have this problem pls let me know. 

Thanks a lot

I'm pretty sure that 100% MIX means that the level of the effected sound equals the level of the clean sound. IOW, it's additive, not subtractive. More effect relative to the clean sound, not LESS clean sound. 

38 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I'm pretty sure that 100% MIX means that the level of the effected sound equals the level of the clean sound. IOW, it's additive, not subtractive. More effect relative to the clean sound, not LESS clean sound. 

I don't think that is the way the mix parameter is supposed to work. At least for most of the effects a %50 mix would be an equal balance of dry signal to wet. %100 should be only wet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

I don't think that is the way the mix parameter is supposed to work. At least for most of the effects a %50 mix would be an equal balance of dry signal to wet. %100 should be only wet.

I honestly haven't used it in a few FW updates, but that's how it DID work. And that's how a mix control is supposed to work. 50% would be half and half fx/clean signal. Why would you want the 100% mix of a reverse delay to have lean signal in it?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

No, the Mix at 100 should be 100% wet. At 0, it's 100% dry, 0% wet. At 50, it 100% dry and 100% wet (100% meaning max level). At 100, it's 0% dry, 100% wet.

As far as this particular issue, I don't know. I'd have to look at it. OP, are you sure you don't have a dry signal coming from a parallel path somewhere?

14 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

I honestly haven't used it in a few FW updates, but that's how it DID work. And that's how a mix control is supposed to work. 50% would be half and half fx/clean signal. Why would you want the 100% mix of a reverse delay to have lean signal in it?

Maybe I am miss-understanding but what you said is what I was trying to say. %100 is only wet and has no dry signal in it. Phil_m succinctly put it in the above post.

6 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Maybe I am miss-understanding but what you said is what I was trying to say. %100 is only wet and has no dry signal in it. Phil_m succinctly put it in the above post.

Yep, haha, accidently hit Multi-quote and cleared out the wrong one. 

21 minutes ago, phil_m said:

No, the Mix at 100 should be 100% wet. At 0, it's 100% dry, 0% wet. At 50, it 100% dry and 100% wet (100% meaning max level). At 100, it's 0% dry, 100% wet.

As far as this particular issue, I don't know. I'd have to look at it. OP, are you sure you don't have a dry signal coming from a parallel path somewhere?

I stand corrected! I learn something new everyday. Is that the way the MIX parameter works on ALL the Helix effects? I could be wrong, but I seem to have read somewhere that some effect (might not even have been a Helix effect) works the way I described.

Are the arrows on the preset up/down footswitches upside down? I visualise the preset list as shown in hx edit, with numbers increasing as we move DOWN the list. This is down arrow on lower footswitch which increments the preset number, moving down in the list.

24 minutes ago, sturaker said:

Are the arrows on the preset up/down footswitches upside down? I visualise the preset list as shown in hx edit, with numbers increasing as we move DOWN the list. This is down arrow on lower footswitch which increments the preset number, moving down in the list.

By default, hitting the up arrow goes to the next higher number in the bank or preset list. If you want to reverse this behavior, you can now with the 2.80 update.

32 minutes ago, phil_m said:

By default, hitting the up arrow goes to the next higher number in the bank or preset list. If you want to reverse this behavior, you can now with the 2.80 update.

This is a cool new feature, but I wish they would have left the arrows always the same (top pointing north, bottom south) and just reversed the behavior, lol. Clearly Line 6 doesn't understand the people whose brains are wired backwards. :)

For the reverse delay, I'm not hearing any dry signal when mix is at 100%.

12 hours ago, doovoo said:

When i used reverse delay with 100% mix it should be only the reverse signal come out right? But it always still have the dry signal spill out. It's so annoy. Sometime it throw my thing away. Anyone who like to play ambient sound will understand. If anyone dont' have this problem pls let me know. 

Thanks a lot

Have not tried Reverse delay in the new firmware but I believe 100% should be only the wet(effected signal). I know some people who have reported this problem in the past were surprised to find out that when they were playing at bedroom volumes their unamplified string volume was actually loud enough to compete just enough with the reverse delay signal to be annoying/disconcerting and make it sound like it was coming thru in the mix.  It was actually only coming directly off the string.

10 hours ago, doovoo said:

I spotted this post earlier, but I got sidetracked with something else.

I was intrigued by you comment, so I decided to check it out and I don’t have any problems with the Reverse Delay.

As noted in posts above, mix at 100% output is the reverse delayed (wet) signal only.

Check that you don’t have audio coming through another source.