Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wallyg

Help. I’ve been away

Recommended Posts

I’ve been out of town and haven’t kept up with the bugs that have come up. I upgraded and built some patches. Love the new amps but I got to my first gig and it was not good. Patch volume levels were everywhere, patches with IR’s especially, some so low you could not hear them. I had to disable my volume pedal settings on every patch and that helped. I then reset everything on my main patches and it worked great, saved the patch, and then when I came back to it, the wah and volume pedals didn’t work correctly or at all or were blended together. Is this a permanent issue or is it fixable? Everything is assigned correctly.

Also, I run path 1 into path 2 on every patch and after the upgrade almost every path 2 input was set to none BUT the FX on that path still worked. Strange! 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wallyg said:

I’ve been out of town and haven’t kept up with the bugs that have come up. I upgraded and built some patches. Love the new amps but I got to my first gig and it was not good. Patch volume levels were everywhere, patches with IR’s especially, some so low you could not hear them. I had to disable my volume pedal settings on every patch and that helped. I then reset everything on my main patches and it worked great, saved the patch, and then when I came back to it, the wah and volume pedals didn’t work correctly or at all or were blended together. Is this a permanent issue or is it fixable? Everything is assigned correctly.

Also, I run path 1 into path 2 on every patch and after the upgrade almost every path 2 input was set to none BUT the FX on that path still worked. Strange! 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

 

Hi Wallyg,

 

That’s a real leap of faith to update your hardware and take it into a live gig situation as an untested piece of vital gear.

 

I have made this same comment on other posts where people have jumped into a live job with the same problems.

 

I’m a Studio Rat so a lot of this stuff can be worked around for me until there is a patch for the bugs.

 

Not just here, but the whole internet has been alive with report of bugs, so your “out of town”, might just as well been “on another planet”.

 

The good news is if you revert to the previous version of the firmware and reload your backup presets you should be good to go until the bugs get squashed.

 

It must have be a scary event - you really are a brave soul taking this out on the road - I can manage to work with a flakey Expression Pedal for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite honestly, a good portion of the problems you seem to be having appear to me to be more related to the update process not being executed correctly and the rebuilding of the presets.  There are some very specific issues that may be related to what you've experienced but they seem to als0 be mixed in with some that might be fixed by re-doing the update process.

At this point however, I'd hold off and maybe just roll back to 2.71 until they get everything ironed out.  I agree with Datacommando.  I depend on my Helix too much to just jump into an update without fully testing it.  A live gig is not a good place to discover problems.  I'll upgrade eventually once I'm confident everything's stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wallyg said:

Also, I run path 1 into path 2 on every patch and after the upgrade almost every path 2 input was set to none BUT the FX on that path still worked. Strange! 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

 

That's normal. Once you set Path 1's output block to feed Path 2, the input block on path 2 defaults to "none"...it has to. You don't want a separate input feeding path 2 at that point,  because then it's not one long serial chain anymore...you'd be feeding it a separate raw guitar signal right in the middle of the chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answers. I updated everything exactly as the instructions required. I’ve been using Line 6 gear since 2000 and never had an issue updating and going straight to a gig so I’m not that brave. I’ve done it many times.

Anyway, I had everything rebuilt and working Monday night. Volume pedals and wahs  back, volumes normalized, saved all changes and played with it switching around for about an hour. It worked great. I took it to another gig Tuesday night and the volume pedals and wahs were a mess, patch levels strange so I’m rolling back and waiting.Love all the new amps and FX. 

Thanks again.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new 2.81 update solved all my prior issues. My Helix is sounding great and behaving as I’ve programmed it to...!

Thank You Line 6 for your hard work on the quick update! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...