Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot reselect - 2.8 update feature

themetallikid

Snapshot Reselect

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp

Currently, pressing the currently active Snapshot switch will reload the stored state of that snapshot. With 2.80, you can now choose to instead toggle between it and the previously selected snapshot. For example, if you're on Snapshot 2 and switch to Snapshot 8, pressing the Snapshot 8 footswitch will seamlessly toggle between Snapshot 8 and Snapshot 2.

From the Global Settings > Preferences menu, turn Snapshot Reselect to choose "Reload" or "Toggle Prev." "Reload" remains the default.

So if I'm reading this right, this would mean Rhythm - Button 1, Chorus - Button 2, Lead button 3.....I could be on Snapshot 1, press button 3 to kick into lead, and then either press 1 or 3 to get back to the rhythm snapshot?

Or am I reading this incorrectly?  If I am reading this correctly....is there a way to make this 'momentary' or is it only in a latching fashion as Snapshots are used now? 

I think you have it right...

In the default (reload) mode, if you are on snapshot 1, and step on the snapshot 1 button, it simply reloads snapshot 1.

in the Toggle mode, if you are on snapshot 1, and step on snapshot 1, it will toggle to the previously selected snapshot (whatever it is) instead of reloading snapshot 1.

pretty nifty change honestly.

I guess I can see how that can be beneficial, using one button essentially rather than 2 to go from rhythm>lead>rhythm.....

Initially I had read into it thinking they were able to make Snapshots Momentary (with the toggle mode enabled).  So eliminating the 2nd press....just a momentary switch.  So Rhythm (Snapshot 1) > Lead (Snapshot 2) while held down > (release button 2) Returns to previous snapshot in this instance Snapshot 1.  Was hoping that it would eliminate having to have duplicate blocks for snapshot lead changes and Momentary lead changes via Stomp Mode. 

I don't 'need' that option often, however the songs its on would be much appreciated, and I'm sure I could use that feature then on a few more songs where it isn't required but makes the tap dance while singing a bit easier.  This is a nice stop gap for some songs, just not the homerun I was looking for. 

I used to use a Digitech GSP-1101 and this feature existed on that device. It was the ONLY thing that I missed when I switched to the Helix a couple years ago. It's not something I use a lot, but in some songs it really reduces the tap dancing where I am switching back and forth several times within the song. 

yeah my LAMF foot controller had that option and it was great for those quick lead lines where looking down, stepping, playing, stepping again all while trying to sing in a matter of a 1-2 second window can be annoying.  not impossible...but annoying when there are easier ways to simplify it. 

I used to assign those changes to my expression pedal and 'pose' on that while singing and rock it back and forth as needed....

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping there would be a feature here where you could just have one "global" Snapshot. So pressing any active Snapshot would take you to, say your bypass sound or whatever you chose as your global one. This would be similar to how the GigRig G2 works. 

2 hours ago, thinwire said:

I was hoping there would be a feature here where you could just have one "global" Snapshot. So pressing any active Snapshot would take you to, say your bypass sound or whatever you chose as your global one. This would be similar to how the GigRig G2 works. 

Global would be hard to do since snapshots are defined specifically as part of a given preset.  If you have a new preset it will likely have different blocks and different setting, so you would need to define snapshots specific to it and it alone.  Of course you can always define a bypass or default sound as a separate preset and select it.  Of course there will be a slight delay.

• 1 year later...

Didn't know this was possible... Cool... Still learning new stuff...

So, let's say there's a clean snapshot on button A and a distortion snapshot on button B and I have to play clean first, then distorted, then clean again, then distorted again, and then clean again... So, I start off with button A (clean snapshot) engaged anyway. Instead of having to press button B, then button A again, then button B again nd finally then button A again, I can set the "reselect snapshot" value to toggle previous in global settings and then just continue pressing button B (the distorted sound) to toggle between the clean and the distorted sound? 

Am I right?

I guess my question is basically this: with "reselect snapshot" set to "toggle previous" I understand that when you press a snapshot button (let's say footswitch 3) for the first time it will go to that snapshot and when you press it a second time, it will go to the previous snapshot. But what happens when you press it a third time (footswitch 3) ? Will it return to its own snapshot again, and then, when you press it the fourth time, go to the previous one again? That would be perfect for my needs!

1 hour ago, jo_arch said:

I guess my question is basically this: with "reselect snapshot" set to "toggle previous"

To quote Digital Igloo - (Eric Klein - Line 6 Chief Product Architect). This is what he says:

Say you have Snapshot 1 set to bypass all effects and Snapshot 2 has them on. If you set Global Settings > Preferences > Snapshot Reselect to "Toggle," pressing Snapshot 2 repeatedly will toggle between it and the previous snapshot (Snapshot 1). One switch, toggling all effects.”

Set up a preset for what you want to achieve and try it out - you can’t break anything.

Hope this helps/makes sense.