Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix into an amp (Katana, etc) via aux input?

line6ujevn

People optimally use their Helixes with Headrush FRFR or Line 6 Powercabs, etc to reduce or eliminate any coloring of the signal outside of the helix. By the same token is it feasible/advisable to use a Katana via the AUX IN on the back? Is that the same concept as the Headrush or Powercab?

(I'm asking specifically about the AUX IN bc I'm assuming the guitar input is wrong, no matter what your knobs or channels (clean/lead, etc) are doing. If I'm wrong, please say so.) 

That was my original plan for my Katana 50 when I got the HX Stomp. I found the aux in was terrible with the HX — low volume, muffled sounding, no matter the output level set on the HX. I had better luck going into the acoustic setting, but still not great. Ended up getting the smaller HeadRush and haven’t looked back. Night and day difference from the Katana.

• Like 1

You could add the Helix into the Katana Return jack - just disable the cabinet block on Helix first otherwise you get cabinet through cabinet...You would set the 1/4 out at Line level for that setup. Also - I use to do that (with anotehr amp) and would just use the Helix preamp block rather than the full amp, but it didn't really matter that much apart from volume differences - of course this is using Helix as the effects bypassing the Katana effects which sort of defeats the purpose of having a Katana in the first place!

Edited by pfocas
Additional comment
  • Like 1