Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.80.1 hotfix not installing

DimSam

Make sure nothing is connected to your HXFX other than the USB. Make sure that you downloaded the HX Edit 2.80 version and installed everything when you ran it and did not just update the firmware. Then I would try the USB and restart shuffle. Try different USB ports, maybe swap out USB cable, and restart both the HXFX and your computer. Rerun the latest 2.80.1 firmware update following Line6's instructions including their "failed firmware update" procedure displayed on the screenshot above if necessary.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Make sure nothing is connected to your HXFX other than the USB. Make sure that you downloaded the HX Edit 2.80 version and installed everything when you ran it and did not just update the firmware. Then I would try the USB and restart shuffle. Try different USB ports, maybe swap out USB cable, and restart both the HXFX and your computer. Rerun the latest 2.80.1 firmware update following Line6's instructions including their "failed firmware update" procedure displayed on the screenshot above if necessary.

Already done all of that.The problem lies with the fact that although upgrading to 2.80 was flawless,now the screens are blank so when I hold down the > button and boot it,nothing happens.Blank screens.

35 minutes ago, DimSam said:

Already done all of that.The problem lies with the fact that although upgrading to 2.80 was flawless,now the screens are blank so when I hold down the > button and boot it,nothing happens.Blank screens.

Have you tried some of the global reset options to get things started again? Maybe someone else will chime in with a fix., if not it might be time to open a ticket/call with Line6 and have them walk you through a resolution.  I'm sure they can get you up and running again.

17 hours ago, DimSam said:

Hi,

Following on from the comment above from “HonestOpinion”, regarding a Global reset, here is a complete list of reset options for HXFX.

HX Effects

Button Combination

Description

Holding FS3 + MODE

Will clear all Presets and IRs

Holding FS4+FS5

Will reset Global Settings

Holding FS5+FS6

Will reset Presets only

Holding FS6+TAP

Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)

Holding the right arrow ">"

Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in an un-recoverable state

Try FS6+TAP to see if it clears the glitch

Hope this helps / makes sense.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

Following on from the comment above from “HonestOpinion”, regarding a Global reset, here is a complete list of reset options for HXFX.

HX Effects

Button Combination

Description

Holding FS3 + MODE

Will clear all Presets and IRs

Holding FS4+FS5

Will reset Global Settings

Holding FS5+FS6

Will reset Presets only

Holding FS6+TAP

Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)

Holding the right arrow ">"

Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in an un-recoverable state

Try FS6+TAP to see if it clears the glitch

Hope this helps / makes sense.

Solved!...factory restore didn't help.I just kept going back to previous versions and then directly to 2.80.1 and it finally worked.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

• Thanks 1