Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you add an external foot controller and assign more effects?

creativemind

So I just bought a used FireHawk for $125 and was thinking it would be great if you could add an external pedal board with foot switches to assign other effects.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to do this?

I would like to set up a board with preconfigured effects assigned to each pedal position to create gig board as I feel the existing switching system might get confusing with the banks of sounds vs just having an external pedal board with assigned switches.

If anyone knows if you can do this via bluetooth or via the variax interface which looks to be just an RJ45 ethernet cable, I thought the older FSB boards that worked with the RJ45 cable might be assignable. Just a thought.

Open to ideas and suggestions.

It also might just not be possible but thanks for the input. Also where can I find more tones to download? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not aware of any external pedals like what you are saying. You can add an external expression pedal and assign almost anything to it. For example using 4cm, I've set the fx loop mix value  to the expression pedal so that i can fad from my actual amp's preamp and the firehawk modelled preamp.