Kargian

fbv express mkII question

I own an Line 6 Spider V30 AMP and i want to be able to  change presets while playing.After a little research i found line 6 fbv express mkII but all the review-videos i watched were using bigger or older AMPs with more "Settings" (orange lights that i don't even know what are they,i'm really a rookie in guitar thing).So i want to know if this pedal will help me or not. I posted another topic about a week ago but i think it's in the wrong forum section.Thanks :)

Yes, you will be able to switch between the 4 patch locations for tones on the amp with the FBV Express MKII's A B C & D buttons.

• Thanks 1

I'm not really familiar with the Spider series, so my comment may not be relevant.

I would caution you that the FBV Express MKII appears to be very limited in its utility, restricting the selection of only 4 presets in the amp with the A, B, C, & D buttons. If the Spider has banks of presets, there would be no way to access them -- this floor controller has no mechanism for changing banks.

I have Amplifi devices, which have 25 banks, each containing four presets. The FBV Express would be of limited use with my setup. I use an FBV Shortboard MKII, which offers the extra capability of changing banks and turning on and off individual effects stored in each preset.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cbrillow said:

I'm not really familiar with the Spider series, so my comment may not be relevant.

I would caution you that the FBV Express MKII appears to be very limited in its utility, restricting the selection of only 4 presets in the amp with the A, B, C, & D buttons. If the Spider has banks of presets, there would be no way to access them -- this floor controller has no mechanism for changing banks.

I have Amplifi devices, which have 25 banks, each containing four presets. The FBV Express would be of limited use with my setup. I use an FBV Shortboard MKII, which offers the extra capability of changing banks and turning on and off individual effects stored in each preset.

That is correct - the $100 price difference to a Shortboard is what made the Express appealing for Spider IV amps.  Note that the 30 does not have multiple banks.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, fflbrgst said:

Note that the 30 does not have multiple banks.

Thanks for enlightening me on this! 

Here's hoping that the original poster has had his (or her) question adequately answered!

• Thanks 1