Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.80 HX Edit to HX Native preset drag/drop feature not working here

thedudeabides79

Hello.

I am currently unable to drag and drop presets from hx edit to helix native. It is my understanding that this should work with 2.80. See screen cap of helix native manual section explaining feature.

I have attached screen shots of my selecting a preset in hx edit and another of me trying to drop it on helix native in presonus studio one. You cant see it in screen cap, but when I hover over destination it shows an X implying it can not be inserted at this location.

Is this a known issue with 2.80? I looked through forums but didn't see anyone else having this issue.

Thank you.

Helix 2.png

Helix 0.png

Helix 1.png

1 hour ago, thedudeabides79 said:

Hello.

I am currently unable to drag and drop presets from hx edit to helix native. It is my understanding that this should work with 2.80. See screen cap of helix native manual section explaining feature.

I have attached screen shots of my selecting a preset in hx edit and another of me trying to drop it on helix native in presonus studio one. You cant see it in screen cap, but when I hover over destination it shows an X implying it can not be inserted at this location.

Is this a known issue with 2.80? I looked through forums but didn't see anyone else having this issue.

Thank you.

Helix 2.png

Helix 0.png

Helix 1.png

Did you upgrade to Native 1.80?

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded everything to 2.81/1.81. Still cant click and drag from hx edit to native. I can drag from native to hx edit but not from hx edit to native.

Please help.

I am also on 2.81/1.81 on Windows 10 and the drag and drop works perfectly from HX Edit 2.81 to Native 1.81 for me.  I did do a global reset when I upgraded to get the Factory & Template setlists from the new firmware as well as reloaded my user presets. Also restarted my Helix to make sure the presets rebuilt.

1. Just to get more info here and not that I know that it would even matter but are you dragging your HX Edit presets into a 32bit or 64bit DAW; is your OS 64bit? 
  2. What happens when instead of dragging and dropping you export a preset from HX Edit and then import it into Native; does the preset import fail then?
  3. Is the drag&drop failing for all/multiple presets or just specific ones?
  4. Do you have an alternate DAW you can try with Native and the drag&drop operation?

Btw, probably already did this but one of my troubleshooting steps would be to swap USB ports/cable and restart my PC just to make sure my Helix to PC connectivity was not partially gakking during a drag and drop operation.

• Like 1

OK so I think I got this working but I think it may have always been working with a semi bug that is easily overcome.

I hadn't done a global reset and you did. I did that after you posted your last comment to see if it solved it. Initially it did not.

My method for clicking and dragging was previously to drag hx edit tone down to running daw application icon and then up to open native plugin, like anyone would think would work.

I am now seeing that it DOES work if you have the plugin and the hx edit window next to each other and drag directly from hx edit to native plugin. Am I explaining this in a way that is understandable?

I still think it should work how I was initially attempting. But I am glad to see that it does work with a reasonable change to how I was dragging the tone icon from hx edit to native.

HonestOpinion

Thank you for your help and attention. Greatly appreciated, Sir.

OK so I think I got this working but I think it may have always been working with a semi bug that is easily overcome.

I hadn't done a global reset and you did. I did that after you posted your last comment to see if it solved it. Initially it did not.

My method for clicking and dragging was previously to drag hx edit tone down to running daw application icon and then up to open native plugin, like anyone would think would work.

I am now seeing that it DOES work if you have the plugin and the hx edit window next to each other and drag directly from hx edit to native plugin. Am I explaining this in a way that is understandable?

I still think it should work how I was initially attempting. But I am glad to see that it does work with a reasonable change to how I was dragging the tone icon from hx edit to native.

HonestOpinion

Thank you for your help and attention. Greatly appreciated, Sir.

Glad to hear it is working! The method you are using for drag & dropping that is working is also how I was doing it.