Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Software install - Helix not found on Updater

AFultonusa

I was in the middle of the new firmware upgrade and the power went out in my neighborhood from heavy rain and wind. Upon the power returning, I attempted to continue the upgrade and I kept getting a reboot error on my Helix LT, -3 on the screen in top left corner I believe. In addition, the updater could not locate or connect to my unit. I tried different printer cables and still had the same result.  However, I have now resolved the problem. You simply need to go into your computer’s programs in the control panel and delete all line 6 helix related files. From there, go to line 6 on the web and download the most recent hx edit 2.80 that will also contain a new updater, drivers etc.... I suspect the drivers that communicate between the helix and the laptop became damaged or corrupted. I opened the updater and it recognized my helix. From there, I downloaded the new update and installed it with no problems at all. Do not forget to back up your files or custom presets before you ok the new install. I know this has been discussed in other posts but I thought I would share my own experience to help others trying to figure this out as it’s annoying. Thus, in this case, it was not my cable. 

Please help me. I started update my helix lt to 2.8. I have done buck up but during updating my helix show - "Boot failure. Entered update mode!".

I thought it was something wrong and I stopped updating. Now I can't do anything. My helix lt can't connect with HX edit….. Help!!! Even can't do factory settings. When I close helix and restart there still the same info "Boot failure. Entered update mode"...….. I'm depressed

2 hours ago, pavelo01 said:

Please help me. I started update my helix lt to 2.8. I have done buck up but during updating my helix show - "Boot failure. Entered update mode!".

I thought it was something wrong and I stopped updating. Now I can't do anything. My helix lt can't connect with HX edit….. Help!!! Even can't do factory settings. When I close helix and restart there still the same info "Boot failure. Entered update mode"...….. I'm depressed

Did you happen to read THIS 1st before you tried to update????

3a. Updating Helix Floor / Rack / LT to 2.80

If you have HX Effects or HX Stomp, skip to step 3b instead.

1. If you have Helix Rack / Control, turn off Helix Control. Also, shut down all Line 6 software or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.
  2. Connect Helix to a Mac or PC via USB (do not use any sort of USB hub) and turn it on.
  3. Launch Line 6 Updater. The latest version was automatically installed when you installed HX Edit 2.80 in “STEP 2 Updating HX Edit to 2.80” above.
  4. Enter your Line 6 Username and Password and click “Sign In.” A big green box appears with a picture of your Helix product. Click the big green box and then click “Update” next to Version: 2.80.
  5. Carefully read the instructions (HEY! DID YOU BACK UP FIRST?), click “Continue,” and then “Accept.” A warning dialog appears, telling you that Helix will be reset twice.
  6. Think “Hmm, maybe I should’ve backed up first? Nah, I insist on subverting the dominant paradigm,” and click “OK.” Helix begins updating. As wholly expected, because we warned you… because you always read the instructions… halfway through the update process, Line 6 Updater displays a second dialog and Helix’s LCD reads “Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!” THIS IS NORMAL. Breathe deep, everything is fine. You’re almost there.
  7. Click “OK” again. When finished, Helix restarts automatically and begins rebuilding your presets. Let it finish.
  8. If you have Helix Rack/Control, turn on Helix Control. Helix Rack reads “Helix Control must be updated to work

properly. Update now?” Press Knob 6 (OK) to update Helix Control.