Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Basic snapshot saving question

lavaspin

Hi, what is the best protocol for saving between snapshots? Here's the problem I'm running into sometimes: I'll set up a snapshot, name it and save it. So far, so good. Then I stomp on the next snapshot and start making changes, then I name it and save it. Then, I go back to the first snapshot and my presets have changed.

Not sure, maybe this only happens when I"m doing a Ctrl+S on the computer. Maybe not happening when I'm doing a save on the pedal board. It that the issue? At any rate, sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't and I haven't been able to figure out what makes the difference. Thanks in advance!

There are two global settings for snapshots..."recall" and "discard". If your select "recall", any changes you make to a given snapshot are automatically retained and there's no need to save repeatedly, even when switching between different snapshots. The only way you'd lose changes is if you were to switch to a different patch without saving. So while you're still setting up all your snapshots for a given patch, leave it on "recall", and then you only need to save once when you're completely done.

"Discard" still allows you to make changes, but as soon as you select another snapshot he changes are lost. It's good for experimenting, as you can alter whatever you want and see how it sounds, but you won't lose the last saved state unless you want to overwrite it. Just depends on how you like to work.

If you're losing changes, I suspect it's because the global setting is set to "discard", and you're not actually saving the patch each time... renaming a snapshot and hitting "enter" when your done typing in the name isn't saving anything but the name. You stil have to save the patch itself.