Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Code-8201; Native fails to load

bruvtilov

Hello everybody,

I have a problem hopefully you can help me with. I tried to update my (registered) Native to its latest version but stupidly forgot to follow the instructions. So, after updating Helix, my DAW (Ableton Live 8) did not recognize Native anymore. I uninstalled eveything and started over.

Ableton failed to find the VST Native after but Reaper found it. But when I tried to open it I got a failure message reading: "Code-8201, device has not been initialized properly " and "failed to connect to DSP engine".

I'm at a loss now, I have no idea what to do next. Using Native is part of my livelihood.

Maybe some of you have encountered similar problems? What did you do?

Thanks,

Robert

On 8/6/2019 at 10:13 AM, bruvtilov said:

Hello everybody,

I have a problem hopefully you can help me with. I tried to update my (registered) Native to its latest version but stupidly forgot to follow the instructions. So, after updating Helix, my DAW (Ableton Live 8) did not recognize Native anymore. I uninstalled eveything and started over.

Ableton failed to find the VST Native after but Reaper found it. But when I tried to open it I got a failure message reading: "Code-8201, device has not been initialized properly " and "failed to connect to DSP engine".

I'm at a loss now, I have no idea what to do next. Using Native is part of my livelihood.

Maybe some of you have encountered similar problems? What did you do?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi bruvtilov,

Considering that you have already admitted that you stupidly forgot to follow the instructions“ along with Using Native is part of my livelihood” you’re not going to like my comments, but ... User error!

O.K. First up - Don’t Panic! What we have here is mainly a software problem, it’s rarely fatal and can most likely be fixed.

Secondly - what you need to do in circumstances like this is provide as much info as possible. The error code is helpful, but what platform a OS are you attempting to run HX Native may give some more clues.

Help us to help you.

If you're using Windows and Edge, note the comment in the installation instructions about turning off Smart Screen.

Even though I did that, I experienced the same problem you did. However, I forgot to turn off Windows Defender before installing. When Helix Native didn't install properly, I turned off Defender, re-installed, and 1.80 installed properly. Hopefully you'll have the same experience :)

• Upvote 1