Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

update 2.81 tap tempo don't light any more

hescaz

7 hours ago, hescaz said:

I tried everything, restore factory preset then download the backup. The ring from tap tampo don't light. Somebody have an idea? And the ring from button 1, 6 and 7 dont do too.

If you have already set the global setting properly per kent1113 and tried the factory reset as rd2rk suggested I would get backups and rerun the firmware update. Definitely works fine for me so given that you have multiple LEDs not working all of a sudden, barring a spontaneous hardware issue which is unlikely,  it is probably a problem with your settings, requires a global reset,  or rerunning the firmware update.

Reset options:

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination Description
2 LED light Fun
3 & 4 Test Mode
5 & 6 Global reset
7 & 8 Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs
8 & 9 Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs
9 & 10 Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs
10 & 11 Upgrades existing presets to latest format
11 & 12 Clear current preset
5 & 12 Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default
6 & 12 Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

# Helix Rack

Since the rack doesn’t have footswitches, you’ll instead hold down a combination of the 6 encoders that are below the main LCD screen as you’re booting up.

ENC2 & ENC3 Reset globals
ENC3 & ENC4 Restore stock presets and setlists
ENC4 & ENC5 Restore stock presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC5 & ENC6 Reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)
ENC1 & ENC3 Rebuild all presets
ENC1 & ENC5 Clear all presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC1 & ENC6 Will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

# HX Effects

Holding FS3 + MODE Will clear all Presets and IRs
Holding FS4+FS5 Will reset Global Settings
Holding FS5+FS6 Will reset Presets only
Holding FS6+TAP Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)
Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in an un-recoverable state

# HX Stomp

All 3 Footswitches Clears all presets/IRs
FS1+2 Resets presets and IRs
FS 2+3 Factory restore (globals, presets, IRs)

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, hescaz said:

After the last update, the tap tempo don't light any more (switch 12)

Idem switch 1, 6, 7 no light.

Any idea?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, hescaz said:

hello. I've done a global reset, a safe boot mode, re done the update etc...the ring for tap tempo don't light..tap tempo led is on.

I would start by unplugging everything from my HX device - USB any peripherals, guitars, etc.. Which device do you have? I would double check to make sure you have Global Settings > Displays > Tap Tempo LED = "On" after your latest firmware update.  Make sure you are not in the "Edit" mode(scribble strip above the tuner FS displays "Exit").  Are the 1,6, and 7 footswitche's LED rings still not working? Does this happen on all of the Factory presets? Are there any presets where it is working?  I think it is time to contact Line6. It sounds like you either have not gotten a clean install of the latest firmware or have a hardware problem.

hello. tap tempo is set on and yes i think too that the upload had a problem. helix hadn't restart automatically and when i try a test mode(3 and 4) it stops on UI  Test. By trying things, i know that the 1 and 7 leds can light.

2 minutes ago, hescaz said:

hello. tap tempo is set on and yes i think too that the upload had a problem. helix hadn't restart automatically and when i try a test mode(3 and 4) it stops on UI  Test. By trying things, i know that the 1 and 7 leds can light.

I know it's a pain but I think it is time to do the following.

1. Create backups
  2. Uninstall all Line6 software
  3. Download the latest version of HX Edit 2.81.  Do NOT download the Updater, firmware, or drivers separately.
  4. Reinstall HX Edit with all boxes checked so everything gets loaded.
  5. Start the Updater (make sure HX Edit is not open). Rerun the 2.81 firmware update.
  6. If this doesn't work contact Line6.

30 minutes ago, hescaz said:

It's done. Black screen. I have to powered off/on to make helix rebuilt all presets.

"Black screen", that doesn't sound good. Not sure what you are indicating?

27 minutes ago, hescaz said:

how could i do progress the test mode 3&4?

Not exactly sure what you mean here. The FS combinations to get into the test mode are listed above. If you are asking how to execute the tests listed in the test mode once you start your device in test mode, move(don't press) the joystick down and up to navigate to the test you want to run(LED Test), and then press the joystick to initiate the test. Additional actions may be required for different tests. Follow the instructions on the screen. On the LED test it will have you press the footswitch you want to test multiple times to cycle through all the possible colors. Alternatively for example on the UI test you need to press all the footswitches and flat switches, press and move the joystick in all directions, and move all the buttons and expression pedal, etc..

• 1 month later...

Same with mine - I own two Helix full stomps, first one upgraded and was fine, second one - no tap tempo light, all settings are correct - there must be a bug in the Line Six firmware update - grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! - and I really don't have time to fool with it right now. I did back up before I updated.

Please fix this Line Six.

Thx

• Like 1

I also had the same problem. I own two full Helix stomp floor models. First update with firmware, no problem, updated the 2nd one and same issue - tap tempo does not illuminate although the settings are correct. There is a bug in the firmware. I posted last week and the moderator did not allow the post. If I am not allowed this time I will go to twitter and we will get the word out folks - uhhmmmmm!!!!!!!! moderator. I own many Line six products for decades starting with the old style Vetta II head and many other products and therefore I am a loyal customer since the mid 1990's so I'm no disgruntled Line 6 hater.

57 minutes ago, stratman601a said:

I also had the same problem. I own two full Helix stomp floor models. First update with firmware, no problem, updated the 2nd one and same issue - tap tempo does not illuminate although the settings are correct. There is a bug in the firmware. I posted last week and the moderator did not allow the post. If I am not allowed this time I will go to twitter and we will get the word out folks - uhhmmmmm!!!!!!!! moderator. I own many Line six products for decades starting with the old style Vetta II head and many other products and therefore I am a loyal customer since the mid 1990's so I'm no disgruntled Line 6 hater.

There are some people whose stars are not aligned correctly to use the Stomp, or any Helix for that matter. You must be one of those people. You'd like to believe that there's a bug in the product., and that the Illuminati who run L6 are hiding the truth from the unwashed masses.

The problem with that theory is that there are many more people out here having no such problems with their (our) Stomps. Our presets don't disappear, the volume doesn't disappear, and our Tap Tempo (and all other) lights blink happily and appropriately day after day.

If, in fact, all these things were big hairy bugs, EVERYBODY would be having the problem!

Now, I'm not saying it's all in your mind - I'm a big believer in astrological determinism.

I don't, however, believe in the Illuminati. Having been here for a while, I've seen so many wacky posts that I've wondered if there even ARE forum moderators!

You are, of course, free to indulge yourself on Twitter. Many of the most intelligent people in Washington and Hollywood do so regularly. Some even take them seriously.

However, if you actually want to solve the problem, calling L6 support is a MUCH better idea.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:40 PM, stratman601a said:

Same with mine - I own two Helix full stomps, first one upgraded and was fine, second one - no tap tempo light, all settings are correct - there must be a bug in the Line Six firmware update - grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! - and I really don't have time to fool with it right now. I did back up before I updated.

Please fix this Line Six.

Thx

But seriously, I know you think the settings are correct, but humor me. This is what's necessary to have a properly functioning Tap Tempo LED:

In Globals - Footswitches - FS3 Function set to TAP/TUNER

Displays - Tap LED set to ON

You must be in either STOMP MODE or PRESET SCROLL MODE to see the Tap Tempo LED on FS3.

Now that you've verified all that, still no Tap Tempo? You have a choice - Twitter or Tech Support? Who ya gonna call?

DO NOT CALL GHOSTBUSTERS!

Hey,

Thanks for your insight (love your sarcasm - nice add to the conversation, LOL) "Display" tap/tempo LED "on" previously confirmed (I can upload a photo of the settings), I am in "stomp" mode (never use preset scroll mode) always use stomp mode since it is like the traditional stomp pedal functions I am used to. All "global" footswitch settings "appear" to be correct - As I said, I have two of these devices, footswitch settings are identical - one works, the other doesn't - I took photos of all the global settings on the functioning tap/tempo Helix and the non-functioning LED Helix  just to be certain I was not missing something simple and obvious, it was working prior to the update, so not hardware, no interruptions in the update, so user error in the update process not an issue. Ummmmm????? Flummoxed.

So what am I missing oh great one? Please instruct this ignorant pion, I may be missing something simple and obvious but I don't think I am (of course the odd thing about missing something is that by the very nature of the case you do not know what it is that you are missing (imagine that)

Yours is the first response I have had to the old post (for that I am grateful) - which did not appear to have been allowed by the "moderator" (I wonder who that is?) since it did not even show up when I first came back to the thread, (that sort of pissed me off) so, I posted again tonight. (Did I say something about twitter?).

Didn't have the time to fool with it since I have been working out of town and tonight is the first night I have had to get back to it and didn't really want to spend an entire evening devoted to just this matter - I re updated all the firmware, various versions, and tried a number of other things to no avail. - that's right - blew an entire evening on the matter, so you will empathize with my frustrations I am sure.

So, what am I missing? and I may yet be missing something. I had already opened  a technical support ticket prior to reading your lively post (I should say, it is the first time in all these years of using Line 6 gear that I have ever had to open a technical support ticket) so that's sort of new territory for me which is one reason I continue to buy their gear. I guess we'll see how responsive and technically apt they actually are.

Again - what am I missing?

6 minutes ago, stratman601a said:

So, what am I missing? and I may yet be missing something. I had already opened  a technical support ticket prior to reading your lively post (I should say, it is the first time in all these years of using Line 6 gear that I have ever had to open a technical support ticket) so that's sort of new territory for me which is one reason I continue to buy their gear. I guess we'll see how responsive and technically apt they actually are.

Again - what am I missing?

Well I'll be blinkered! A sense of humor! :-)

Nope, along with the sarcasm you got all I can think of, and you did the right thing opening a support ticket. Having two, one of which works, does add to the mystery.

Do update the thread when/if support gets to the cause of the problem!

• 7 months later...

Guys, have you managed to solve the tap tempo light problem? My helix tap tempo light does not flash/pulse or lit in my helix floor. I opened a support ticket and Line6 techs were friendly.We tried full reset, but it did not worked. They said it might be a hardware issue. So it seems I have to send it to the reseller. Before sending do you have any idea?

Before a few firmware updates, I turned the lights of tap tempo within Global settings -> Display -> Tap tempo Led -> Off not to wear out the leds. Now I can't turn on the  tap tempo light again within the same settings adjusting "On" again. It does not work in whatever mode (stomp, preset edit, etc.) it's in. If I turn the room lights, I can see actually it pulses, but so dim that it is almost impossible to see even in a dark room. And strangely it pulses in blue! not red as it used to be. Now the firmware is at 2.90, but it is the same for last few firmwares.

NOT: In test mode, all footswitches are changing color for every press in the order red, green, blue, purple. But tap tempo button doesn't light red. Also the 6th button doesn't light green. Could anyone test and compare the 6th and 12th buttons in test mode? ( reboot with 3 & 4  footswitches for test mode) For comparison mine are like this:

- NONE, green, blue, light blue (tap tempo/12th footswitch)
- red, NONE, blue, purple (mode-edit/6th footswitch)
- red, green, blue, purple (other footswitches)