Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Yorkville NX25P

drb1982

Anyone have any experience with these? I can get one for $100 right now. I currently use the helix with a power amp and cab but I’m interested in an FRFR speaker for around the house to tweak and get more comfortable with FRFR. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm on record somewhere on the forum here talking about the incredible virtues of using the Yorkville YX10P with Helix - I've been doing so for a good while now, and they're outstanding.

Though I haven't tried the NX25P, I'd like to think that my personal experiences with one of its related products might bode well for this one.

And that price is crazy good.

That's a pretty bare bones powered speaker so I'm not sure how indicative it will be of modern FRFR setups.  It appears to have more in common with late 1990's and early 2000's models of powered speakers in that it uses a simple EQ knobds rather than a pre-programmed DSP driven design tuned for a flat response, and at only 300 watts it's pretty anemic.  It's a very good price though, so as far as an entry level it might be okay.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, HonestOpinion said:

No doubt, that is crazy cheap. Not as powerful as some of the other FRFR choices out there but hard to resist at that price. I would go for it if it is in decent shape.

How do you think it would compare with an Alto TS112a? The local pawn shop has one for $200 (Canadian). It’s a little bit more, but both are cheap really. Would the alto be worth the extra money?

On 8/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, drb1982 said:

How do you think it would compare with an Alto TS112a? The local pawn shop has one for $200 (Canadian). It’s a little bit more, but both are cheap really. Would the alto be worth the extra money?

I would not get the used Alto TS112A, it is an older lower powered version and too close in price to a brand new Alto TS312. When used powered speakers get too close in price to new I will go for the new one with a warranty every time.

The Alto TS112a has twice the power of the Yorkville (400 watts continuous) although I would not be surprised if the Yorkville has superior build quality.  If I was going to jump up to $200 though I would probably get a new Headrush 112 (1,000 watts continuous) though instead for $299 (less "open box" or if you can find a discount coupon). The Headrush is essentially equivalent to the Alto TS312(1,00 watts, much more powerful that the Alto TS112A), the Headrush version comes without the mic preamp and is specially voiced for guitar.

Btw, Headrush FRFR-108 is only $199 brand new. It is a smaller version of the Headrush  112 and still sounds great and is extremely light and portable. And of course, if you want to jump up in price, there is the PowerCab.

For example, an open box Alto TS312 for $219:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/open-box-alto-ts312-12-2-way-powered-loudspeaker