Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Troubles....

LAEDGE

Hi guys

Been jamming today with my LTD SC-607B through the POD HD Bean, and all was good at first. Switched it off, came back later and then, without tweaking my patch at all, I started to get this annoying noise trailing my chugs. I have tried out a few lead cords and the same thing, and I am getting the same noise through both bridge and neck pick ups.

Here is a recording of what I mean. Its driving me crazy. Like I said, it was fine just minutes earlier until I turned it off for a while. Came back and here we are.

https://soundcloud.com/sdsm/my-song-2

Anybody else experienced this or something similar?

I just put in a brand new battery for my EMG's too

I have tried plugging the POD into other power sockets around the house and same thing

I have tried another guitar with passive pick ups and same thing

This comes on randomly from time to time

Hmmm... that actually sounds fairly normal to me... in that its a typical high gain, semi noisy sound.

If you're sure it was stone silent after a dead-stop chug then here' a couple things to check:

1. Did a reverd or delay get turned on inside the POD?

2. Does your amp* or DAW* have a reverb or such enabled?

3. Did you reposition your amp or power strip (slight "ground" noise) for the POD or amp.

4. Did you reposition your guitar when playing it (face the wall now vs. the window before).

Many times facing toward speakers, mics or an amp at certain angles causes noise.

*not sure if you're using an amp or DAW.

• Upvote 1

LAEDGE,

Does the noise occur from preset to preset?

I would try plugging it in something with proper grounding i.e. a decent power strip or even better a Power Conditioner.

Also, are you currently using a Noise Gate?

If not I would consider placing one at either the end of your pre-effects or the beginning of your post-effects? I am not sure how new you are to this kind of setup but a noise gate is an essential part of most metal guitarists rig and sounds like the issue you are having is the same one most metal guitarist run into. It will definitely clean up the noise between playing, especially if you are using active pickups with a lot of gain.

im thinking it is the later of the two.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... that actually sounds fairly normal to me... in that its a typical high gain, semi noisy sound.

If you're sure it was stone silent after a dead-stop chug then here' a couple things to check:

3. Did you reposition your amp or power strip (slight "ground" noise) for the POD or amp.

4. Did you reposition your guitar when playing it (face the wall now vs. the window before).

Many times facing toward speakers, mics or an amp at certain angles causes noise.

Hi

Im just going straight into the computer via usb and into Logic.

There are no changes to my patch or the POD at all and didnt reposition anything. So far the only thing that I can think of is perhaps power inteference.

I am using a fairly straight forward patch, just noise gate, TS, Tube Compressor and the Treadplate sim,  just a nice basic patch without any delay or reverb.

As I said this often comes on quite randonly, I am wondering if any other POD HD Hi Gain users get this? Im hoping it isnt my unit :(

Oh and it wasnt stone silent before, just didnt have that 'whoosh' noise.

• 2 months later...