Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mk2 locks up on FX settings

StationGrey

I have posted this as a reply in a previous thread, but it's probably a bit lost so thought it worthy of a thread.

I've just taken delivery of a brand new Mk1 V 60w, and after a quick play with the default settings, I did the v2 update with no problems.

Now however, I can't touch the knobs when on FX setting at all or it all locks up. I can change everything else  - scroll through presets, change 'amp' settings on the knobs, adjust volume etc - but when on FX if I try to turn a knob it initially displays the setting value and then that's it. Nothing can be changed, even volume or amp presets - it carries on working so you can continue to play, but you're locked forever in that setting at that volume until you switch off/on at the back.

FWIW, although I only had a quick play with the v1 firmware, it definitely didn't do this and it worked fine! Also of note, with my iPhone plugged in I can make adjustments fine through that, and save/edit etc, so I have been able to play with the FX, just can't via the amp directly.

I've tried a factory reset from the Home menu as suggested in the other thread, but makes no difference. Have raised a ticket with Line 6 support.

There was one other person who mentioned this deep within another thread, but I haven't seen anybody else mention it. Is everyone else working ok with v2 on a v1 amp?

• 1 month later...

Glad this solved the update for you.     I'll have to mess with the FX nobs and see if I'm having this problem and then try the approach if it's an issue.     I'd been primarily adjusting from the Spider Remote and USB cable.

I suspect we'll see a 2.01 in the future that works to resolve the occasional hang issue post upgrade.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 8:34 PM, StationGrey said:

I have posted this as a reply in a previous thread, but it's probably a bit lost so thought it worthy of a thread.

I've just taken delivery of a brand new Mk1 V 60w, and after a quick play with the default settings, I did the v2 update with no problems.

Now however, I can't touch the knobs when on FX setting at all or it all locks up. I can change everything else  - scroll through presets, change 'amp' settings on the knobs, adjust volume etc - but when on FX if I try to turn a knob it initially displays the setting value and then that's it. Nothing can be changed, even volume or amp presets - it carries on working so you can continue to play, but you're locked forever in that setting at that volume until you switch off/on at the back.

FWIW, although I only had a quick play with the v1 firmware, it definitely didn't do this and it worked fine! Also of note, with my iPhone plugged in I can make adjustments fine through that, and save/edit etc, so I have been able to play with the FX, just can't via the amp directly.

I've tried a factory reset from the Home menu as suggested in the other thread, but makes no difference. Have raised a ticket with Line 6 support.

There was one other person who mentioned this deep within another thread, but I haven't seen anybody else mention it. Is everyone else working ok with v2 on a v1 amp?

Even I'm facing the same problem in my line 6 v 30. Today I updated it to v2 and everything was working fine but as soon as I pressed fx and tweaked it got stucked in the same thing and didn't go come back from that setting.

Please help us for this problem line 6

• 1 month later...

I had this problem with a V120 (not MKII). I did what everyone else here did. Went back down to Firmware 1.05 via my PC and USB cable and the line 6 updater app. Everything worked fine on 1.05. Then I updated again back to 2.0 and now the effects don't freeze. 

Cool. 

• 3 years later...