Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V1.81 Broke Logic Snapshot Automation? Or Not?

soundog

The Known Issues list for V1.81 (below) implies there are new problems with snapshots and automation data for Logic Pro X.

But its all working (so far) for me (High Sierra, Logic 10.4.5, Native 1.81). Any Logic users out there having problems?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Known Issues in 1.81

• Pitch/Synth > 3 OSC Synth, 3 Note Generator, and 4 OSC Generator are louder than in 2.71

• In rare cases, the Dynamics > LA Studio Comp model can sometimes cause a drop in preset volume

• Helix Native will not open in hardened runtime builds of Cubase 10.5

• Logic Pro X is currently unable to write snapshot or switch automation data for Helix Native

• Performing an undo after a block cut or clear can delete the block’s footswitch and/or controller assignments

• Moving an effect, amp, cab, or IR block can sometimes inadvertently reposition a Split or Merge block

• Changing models can clear automation assignments of common parameters (such as Amp > Bass or Delay > Time)

2 hours ago, soundog said:

But its all working (so far) for me (High Sierra, Logic 10.4.5, Native 1.81). Any Logic users out there having problems?

I have HXN 1.81 up and running in Logic Pro X 10.4.4 with no issues this far.

Although with Native I don’t seem to use the Snapshots, I can understand the need for them in a live situation, but for recording if I need to swap from one setting to another I would print one take to disc ( bounce in place) while running another copy with different fx on another track.

I don't use Native for live — but I often use Snapshot automation within a Logic Project/song because I often use different amp gain and FX blocks/parameters within a verse, chorus, bridge, etc. Then I automate these. Subtle changes make a big difference within a mix. Speaking of automation in Logic, automating wah pedals is a total blast!

I'm not sure why Line 6 said something broke with 1.81. I'm wondering if it was a specific combination of OS/Logic versions? At any rate, its working for us .... so yeah.

10 hours ago, soundog said:

I don't use Native for live

Ha, ha, ha, neither do I. What I was meaning is that I can see the need for snapshots on the hardware version of Helix when used in a live performance. For recording I have intro, verse, chorus etc, on separate tracks each with their own settings and Logic automation. That way you can have a little more control over, for example, a long panning delay trail coming out of a solo section back into a verse. It’s only when you “run out of steam” that you then need to bounce in place. I suppose everyone has their own methods of working with this stuff - it’s endless fun! Now you got me thinking that I’m going to have play around with automating wah fx.